Chapter 26 - Trevor Hate Club

I lay my head on Sam's bare chest, my thoughts dazed with happiness. He tangles his fingers in my hair, gently playing with my sweat-dampened curls. I always thought sex would be a strange and possibly unwelcome experience but lying here with Sam, feeling more loved than I've ever felt before, it feels beyond amazing. I listen to the steady beat of his heart and let the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest calm me.
"That was incredible," Sam murmurs, making me smile.
"We should do it again some time," I grin.
"Definitely,"
Sam and I stay in our haze of ecstasy for at least another hour and it probably would've been longer if my phone hadn't started ringing.

I groan and sit up. I lean over the edge of the bed and grab my discarded pyjama pants and fish my phone out of the pocket. I lay back down beside Sam and answer the call as he starts tracing patterns on my chest with his finger.
"Hello?"
"Michael, when are you getting here? The party starts in an hour and you need to be here before any of the guests arrive," My Mum's voice says and I realise that I'd forgotten all about the party until this moment. Sam raises a quizzical eyebrow at me.
"We'll be there in like half an hour," I say, deciding that'll give Sam and I enough time to shower and get dressed. I say my goodbyes to my mum and hang up. I sit up properly.

"We have to get ready for the party," I say, turning slightly and looking down at Sam who is smiling at me, "What?" I ask, frowning at him, "Do I have something on my face? What's that look for?" Sam just shakes his head and smiles more,
"Nothing, I just love you so fucking much," He shrugs and sits up too, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. I turn bright red and smile.
"I love you too," I say, incredibly flustered. Sam grins.
"You can take the shower first. Do you need to borrow clothes for the party?" He tilts his head slightly to the side.
"No, I have clothes, they're in my bag, in your car though," I reply.

"Okay, you shower, I'll get your stuff," He kisses me again and smiles, "Thank you,"
"For what?"
"For everything. For the sex. Just for being here," He gives me an adoring look before climbing out of bed and throwing on some random clothes. I get up too and get to my feet. I take a step towards the bathroom and almost fall over. I hear Sam laugh behind me.
"Shut up and go back to thanking me," I mutter as I hobble towards the bathroom.
"Do you need help?" Sam asks, his voice full of amusement. I flip him off and shut the bathroom door behind me.

————

Once both Sam and I are dressed, him in a navy blue button up shirt and black slacks and me in black slacks, a black blazer and a cropped black mesh top, we head down to the car. Sam locks the front door behind him and follows me down the driveway to his coup. We climb in and head to my house. When we get there, Mum has attached balloons to the front door along with the ugly welcome sign that she brings out whenever her parents visit so they think she actually likes the gifts they give her. I push the door open and am immediately hit with the smell of cake. Sam grins.
"I fucking love cake," He says as we walk further into the house.

We enter the living room and find that all of the furniture has been moved out of the room and there are a few chairs from the kitchen scattered around the edges of the room. The middle of the room has become somewhat of a makeshift dance floor and a big speaker sits in the corner, waiting to blast music. We head into the kitchen and find the source of the smell of cake. The kitchen table is filled with snacks. Crisps, sweets, little sausage rolls and other party food. In the middle of it all is a huge three tiered chocolate cake with a little Judge's gavel sitting on top of the milk and white chocolate marbled icing. Sam's eyes go wide when he sees the cake.
"Woah," He says, "Your mum went all out,"

"I sure did!" Mum strides into the room, icing smeared on her cheek and her hands covered in chocolate. "It's a bloody masterpiece," She says proudly, surveying the cake. Sam and I nod in agreement.
"It looks amazing, Mum," I say hugging her. She smiles and then her jaw drops as she looks at my outfit.
"Not as amazing as you, young man! You look great!" She grins and I mirror it, my cheeks flushing slightly.
    "I second that," Sam says, smiling brightly at me. My mum nods approvingly at him before patting my shoulder affectionately.
    "You boys can go and relax up in Michael's room until the guests arrive. Make sure you say hello to Alby though, he's been dying to see you both," She smiles warmly and heads back into the kitchen.