Chapter 27 - Proud

I shoot Sam a helpless look as Trevor drags me into the crowd. The blond disappears from my sight as people dance all around me. Trevor pulls me close to him, his grip on my hands tight. I look over at my Mum who's changing the song on the speakers. I fight the urge to groan as the music changes from energised pop to slow dance music. Trevor leers at me and I cringe away from him. He grabs my hands and guides them to his shoulders before lowering his hands hand to grip my waist. I gingerly hold onto his shoulders, trying to put as much distance between us as I can. Trevor smirks at me as other people on the dance floor couple up and start to slow dance.

    "Enjoying yourself?" Trevor ask, giving me his signature creepy smirk. I small shiver runs down my spine but I gather up my willpower and smile at him.
    "Yeah, the party's awesome. You?" Honestly I couldn't care less if Trevor is enjoying himself but it felt rude not to ask. Trevor leans closer to me.
    "It was pretty dull until now," He breathes in my ear. I cringe internally and look over his shoulder, trying to find one of my friends so I can silently ask for help. I panic. Most of the dance floor has cleared out apart from a few couples, slow dancing with each other, lost in their own worlds. Through the doorway to the kitchen, I catch a glimpse of my friends. Shit. I'm on my own.

Trevor seems to notice my wandering attention because he grips me tighter, pulling my focus back to him. I feel his hand trying to slip lower than my waist and I immediately try to push him off of me.
    "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I hiss. Trevor just smiles innocently.
    "You know you want this," He tells me, leaning far too close to my face. I can feel his breath on my neck as he whispers in my ear, "You know we've both wanted this since I got here,"
    "No! I haven't. Let go of me, asshole. I have a boyfriend," I try once again to shove him off me but he's too strong. His expression becomes slightly angry.
    "Don't fucking lie. Who's your boyfriend then?" He growls. I look around frantically, knowing that I can't say Sam's name without outing him.

Trevor takes my silence as a confirmation that I'm lying.
"It's okay, hun, there's no need to try to impress me," He presses himself closer against me so out chests are touching and our faces are mere millimetres apart. My eyes flit over his shoulder and I see all of my friends entering the room, plates of food in their hands. Sam's gaze immediately finds me and the second he registers the position Trevor and I are in, an angry fire lights in his eyes and his fists clench at his side. He leans over to the rest of the group and whispers something. They all look over at us, looks of disgust on their faces as they survey Trevor. Trevor spins me around and I'm not expecting it so I trip over my own feet and fall. I see Sam starting to move forward to catch me but Trevor gets there first. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me up, holding me against his chest.

The first thing I notice whilst being this close to Trevor is the overwhelming stench of his cologne. I wrinkle my nose, too distracted by the scent to register how close he's holding me and the fact that he hasn't let go yet. After a few awkward seconds, I realise how close we are. His face is inches from mine. I immediately lean back, not feeling comfortable with the way his eyes are flicking from mine down to my lips. His lip curls and I become hyper aware of his wispy little attempt of a moustache on his top lip.
"Aren't you going to thank me for saving you?" He asks, leering at me. I cringe internally.
"Um, thanks?" I reply, trying to push his hands off of me. I'm panicking a little now, my back is turned on my friends so I can't silently as for help. Trevor continues to sneer at me, his eyes dancing with whatever evil idea he has in his tiny brain.

Then he kisses me. No warning, no consent. I go completely still with shock as his lips press against mine. I can feel his weak moustache bristles on my top lip as he attacks my mouth with his. After a few seconds I come to my senses and start trying to push him off but he's stronger than I am and he keeps his hold on me, unrelenting. I close my eyes, feeling tears welling up. I grab at his arms, trying to force him away. Then Trevor is ripped off of me and I hear a loud thud as someone throws him to the ground. I open my eyes and see Sam standing protectively in front of me, his fists clenched as he glares down at Trevor. His chest heaves as he looks down at Trevor, his face full of disgust and burning rage. Trevor is sprawled across the ground, staring at the wooden floor of our living room.