The Underground

Six years later

The Underground

AERI

Funny, how things can change.

How people can change.

The man chuckles slowly as he shrugs his shoulders, leaning back down onto the leather couch. He licks his lips, eyes roaming up my figure before picking at his teeth with a half-broken toothpick.

"Eh. I don't know, sweetheart."

"Don't know if that service was worth a grand."

People change.

But I know this too well. I know it better than I do myself.

I give him a cold, tight-lipped smile as I tug my jacket back over my shoulders. He blows out a puff of smoke, returning my smile.

"So feel free to leave," He drones, the corner of his lips tilting upwards.

"Or if you want to stay, then I certainly won't be stopping you. You do know that for loyal girls that satisfy me, I never fail to reward—"

"You can go fuck yourself."

I hear him sputter. But by then I'm already gone, my smile turning venomous as I touch the cold, smooth surface of gold in my pocket.

In there I had valuables worth over ten thousand, things I'd stolen from him when he was too distracted. I always made sure to get what I came for, whether they were willing to pay me or not.

Ignorant bastards.

_______________________________

V

I taste the metallic tang of blood on my tongue as I step off the ring, the bloodlust still wild in my eyes. I can hear the screaming and roaring of the spectators all around me.

"One more!"

"Encore!"

"You will definitely not be doing one more."

I look up into the disapproving expression of Jungkook. He tosses me my hood, and I pull it over my shoulders. He shakes his head.

"It's been seven years. Aren't you tired of street fighting, hyung? And in the Underground, as well. This place is full of scum."

I sigh.

"Why are you here?" I murmur, giving him a narrow glance. "I know you hate coming down to this place."

"You wouldn't answer your phone." He replies lightly, making my brows furrow. "And Jimin hyung has been trying to reach you all morning."

His jaw flexes.

"He sent me all the way down here, and I'm going to kill him for it."