Aeri's Disappearance

V

"Father."

"Stop the— Stop the damn lies, please."

My head hurts viciously. Blood streaks half my face, from forcing my way all the way through here.

But what is he...?

"She left." My father repeats, shrugging his shoulders. "I gave her the chance— she took it. You're welcome to search this entire place, Taehyung."

My jaw flexes.

Stop.

"You put her away somewhere." I hiss, feeling like I might just go insane. "Tell me where she is before I rip you to pieces. You did something to her. You—"

"If you really want to know."

With that fucking smile, he turns the computer screen towards my direction. There's a map— and a red dot, flashing in the middle. It heads towards the entrance to the Underground.

"That's...her?"

"I told you." He says. "Haven't you ever realized how living constantly on the run can break someone? Or have you just been too selfish with your own desires to notice?"

But my mind is set on something else.

"You put a tracker on her."

"Why—"

Then I feel the tip of a needle against my neck.

I instantly whip around, fist raised to drive a heavy punch into the bastard behind me when my father clicks his tongue.

"Kim Taehyung."

His voice is cold. And I breathe heavily when I see a pale blue dot appear on the map of the computer screen. The red circle continues to move away, towards the Underground.

"Realize the situation." My father growls. "Do you think this is the time to chase blindly after some useless girl? She left you, and she won't come back again."

"Serve as the heir that you were meant to be. I've put up with you enough."

"Step out of line, and I'll have that girl wiped off the map before you can ever see her again."

________________________________

JUNGKOOK

I find him in the place I expect the least.

He's in a place so open, against the outside walls of the compound. The blood on his hands and face have dried, leaving scarlet marks. His eyes are blank.

"Hyung!"

What the...

"Did you find Miss Aeri?" I hiss, gripping his shoulder. "Why are you out here like this?"

I shake him roughly.

"V!"

"Jungkook, go." He whispers. "Take Rin and leave. Before my father finds you. Go to the Underground and find her for me. Keep her safe for me, please."

I'd never been once felt more stupid than I feel now. Defeat fills V hyung's face, once hardened with resolve. He looks like he's lost everything.

"Father won." He whispers, barely audible and in muffled, disconnected sentences. "I'll have to do what he wants. He has her right there. But I don't understand why Aeri left me, Jungkook. Father must've threatened her with something but I just don't understand how—"