One Grouchy Doctor

RIN

I've never seen Aeri this broken.

Her head rests heavily against my shoulder. I can't see her face, with her thick dark locks undone and completely covering her expression. Her fingers grasp my sleeve.

My arms are wrapped tight around her.

"He's going to be fine," I whisper. "I heard— I heard Jungkook say that a friend of his was coming. And he used to be one of the best surgeons in the country."

"So don't worry, okay? I..."

She doesn't respond. My face falls, and I squeeze her pale hand as tightly as I can.

"If he dies,"

My eyes widen at the sound of her voice. My head whips towards her.

Aeri's bottom lip trembles.

"If he dies, I will too."

________________________________

JUNGKOOK

My eyes flicker towards the clock, before turning back to land on hyung's motionless figure on the bed. He's breathing, but completely unresponsive.

The respirator over his lips beep in a steady rhythm. I wasn't sure if I'd done it correctly— his instructions had been vague.

He's also late. By ten minutes.

My jaw flexes with anger.

I was going to kill—

Then the door slams open. And Jimin hyung jumps in his chair, before scowling at the silhouette that strides into the room.

Yoongi hyung scowls right back at him.

"Fucking idiots," He hisses, throwing off his soaked jacket to the side as he looks over V hyung's bloodstained figure on the bed.

"What in the hell were you all of you doing? Sipping tea while he was getting shot up?"

My lips press.

He grumbles to himself.

"Dragging me all the way out here on a weekend," He frowns, before throwing open a cabinet and rummaging through the supplies stacked there. "And it just had to be pouring like a bitch. It's so damn cold now."

He jerks his head at me.

"Jungkook. Go turn the heat on."

I do what he says. Yoongi hyung, even with his constantly-annoyed temper, was one of the best doctors in the entirety of Kaz.

Back when he'd worked for Kim Haein just like Jimin and I had done, he'd been the one to fix me up countless times after my assignments. He was the one other person who had known about V hyung's street fights in the Underground— and also the one who had brought Jimin hyung back from living as a cripple after that night at his bar.

He had abandoned the Skygrounds after he'd seen Kim Haein order for the murder of children.

He had set up a small clinic here after he'd fled to the Underground. Kim Haein still looked for him, to this day.

"This isn't good," He mumbles sharply to himself, as he flicks on a couple switches. The room whirs to life, with the sound of equipment. "Who shot him?"

"His father."

His lip twists in distaste at my quiet reply. "Kim Haein? But I thought he wanted Taehyung to carry on as heir."