Intoxicating

AERI

It's a peaceful Saturday.

And I'm napping on the couch when I see V with his coat on. At first I'm confused, until I see him fix a cap over his head. Only then I realize that he's going somewhere.

He's going somewhere?

The sleep leaves me in a second. And I quickly get to my feet, staring up at him with wide eyes. He looks back at me, seeming awfully casual.

"Go back to sleep, Aeri."

"Where are you— you're going somewhere?"

He gives me a beautiful smile.

"For just a little while. Jungkook called me." He murmurs, and my mouth slowly drops open even further as he brushes the top of my head. "I've been thinking about this— everything."

"I can't just let you work by yourself. This is practice, for leaving you alone."

Oh my.

Pride floods me in and out.

I quickly get to him, a smile on my face as I grab a scarf off the hanger and wrap it tightly around his exposed neck. Then I close up his coat all the way— it was still so freezing outside.

"I love you," I whisper, kissing his cheek.

"Have a good time, okay?"

_______________________________

It's deep into the night when the doorbell rings.

And I sleepily shuffle off of the bed where the both of us slept. My eyes flicker towards the clock, and I realize it's a little past midnight. About four hours since V had left the house.

I open the door to a something little unexpected.

Jungkook is there, his forehead covered with cold sweat. My eyes widen when I see V's broad figure leaned heavily against him, arm sluggishly wrapped around his shoulder. His cheeks are blushed scarlet.

Oh.

He had really taken my advice to heart, hadn't he?

"I'm sorry, Aeri." Jungkook grinds out, clearly struggling under V's dead weight and looking pissed. "To leave him with you like this. But I have to get back and—"

"I'll take care of him. Thank you so much for getting him here." I murmur, still stunned at how drunk he is.

Jungkook leaves, after helping me put a completely intoxicated V on the bed. I hear him answering a call with Rin just before the door closes shut behind him.

Then the house is silent, and it's only me and him.

I quickly brew some honey tea over the fire.

Then I pour some into a mug, taking the steaming cup back to the room. Setting it on the nightstand, I start trying to wake him.

"V."

I poke my finger into his cheek. He gives a muffled groan, and I smile when he turns over on one side. One of his arms hang limply over the edge of the bed.

"Hey, wake up." I say. "Do you want to die with a hangover tomorrow morning? You—"

My teasing cuts off with a short scream when he practically snatches me off the floor. One second I'm standing, and the next I'm trapped tight in his embrace on the bed. He buries his face roughly into the crook of my shoulder.