Killer

AERI

Rin takes the bag from me with a curious look.

"Who was that?"

"The delivery man." I say, and she narrows her eyes at me. "Here's the food."

"I know that was the delivery guy." She exclaims, but her eyes are already fixed on the chicken as she opens the box flap. Hot steam rises from the inside, and she makes a noise as she takes a sniff.

"Oh my— Aeri, look at it. Just shut up and look at it."

I hide a smile as she describes the food to me in detail, slowly taking out a plump, sauce-covered shrimp with one hand and a crispy piece of chicken in the other.

My thoughts wander back to the delivery man.

Shin Baekhan.

Yeah.

I watch Rin chomp down a third drumstick, my fingers tapping against the table.

Maybe he could truly help me with this problem.

______________________________

The next day, I wake up in the worst mood.

I'd dreamt about him again. This time, when I had been younger. When he'd been in the shadows of that alley, smoke shrouding his face from the cigarette between his fingers.

My teeth grind together.

This was happening almost every night.

It's already ten in the morning. And Rin looks up at me, a cereal bowl in front of her with the television playing. I can feel her stare as I briskly grab my jacket and pull it over my shoulders.

"Aeri?"

"Where are you going?"

"Just somewhere real quick." I murmur back. "It'll be just a minute or two."

"Oke."

The door shuts behind me. And I recall the same place I'd called on the phone yesterday— the chicken restaurant barely five minutes away.

He's there, when I push through the door.

He looks shocked. And I quickly note a delivery bag in his hand, the helmet on his head.

"You have a delivery to get to?"

"...you came." He murmurs, still looking surprised. Then he nods shakily, blinking.

"Yeah."

"Okay, then. I'll make this quick." I say. Then I take another step closer, fully aware of the hot blush dusting his slightly tan skin. My hand lies gently on top of his.

"Date me."

________________________________

V

"Tae!"

Jimin rushes into the room, distracting me. And Jungkook smirks in victory as my paddle misses the ball, sending it crashing into the wall behind me.