The Way A Heart Seizes

RIN

I'm mad.

I'm mad, at Jungkook.

"Miss Rin?" He calls when I briskly walk out of the hospital entrance. I'd intentionally waited until he'd come out of the room where Aeri was, having been sitting impatiently in the seats outside.

I hear his footsteps, and walk even faster.

He hadn't let me see Aeri.

And when we'd gone down to the Underground, he hadn't even let me come close when he'd been fighting, like, four men by himself.

Maybe if he'd let me help, he wouldn't have gotten hurt and have that dumb scar ruin his pretty face.

I don't even make it past the stairs before his hand wraps around my shoulder. He pulls me back, and I whip back with an annoyed look.

"What."

His eyes search my face at my scratchy tone.

"Are you angry?"

"No." I sniff, about to turn away again when his hand tightens around my upper arm. His brows knit together.

"You are. Tell me what I did wrong, Rin."

I blink, slightly taken aback at the sound of my name. It had always been miss, or Miss Rin. It feels a little weird, to hear him say that.

My heart beats a little faster.

"You didn't let me go see Aeri," I scowl, finally admitting. "Plus back in the Underground you made me watch like a useless person. I—"

"Because it's only been a couple days," He murmurs. "I didn't mean for you to feel that way. I meant for you to be safe."

I glance at his cheek. One of those guys had had a knife, and the thin, red line that runs across his cheek to jaw is getting on my nerves.

"And you?"

"...what?"

"Never mind." I say, crossing my arms together. "Then what about just now? Why aren't you letting me see Aeri?"

This time, he seems more reluctant.

"Because..."

His voice trails to silence. And I'm staring at him, waiting for an answer when he suddenly changes the topic. Stops answering my question, just like that.

"Come on. We can't just stand here."

I blink. "You didn't answer my question."

But he's already walking. I make an incredulous noise, but still follow after him like a lost duckling. I didn't really have any other choice, did I?

"Hey! Jeon Jungkook!"

Then I slow when I see him pause in his steps. He's taking a buzzing phone out of his pocket, and I edge closer as he presses it to his ear.

I blink in curiosity.

"...yes." He whispers. And my eyes narrow, when I see his body tense. "I understand."

But when I try to shuffle a bit closer to try and eavesdrop, he walks further forward. I look up at him— at his back, firmly turned to me. He's keeping his distance.

The call doesn't even last ten seconds.

"Rin."

But when he turns again, his face is shadowed so darkly the complaints shove their way down my throat. For a second, I wonder if he's angry at me.