Double Date

AERI

"Holy fucking crap!"

I smile as Rin runs into the frame of the door, her arms spread wide open. The inside of the house is even more beautiful than the outside.

"The Crystal Beach!" Rin yells as she flings her small bag down on the couch, her face pressed up against the clear window. The waves roll outside, shining the shade of ice in the sun.

I look around as she dashes off somewhere.

A dark, black screen. Something glittering a warm gold on the ceiling. And silver machines on the kitchen counter.

Everything that we'd need is already here.

"Rich bastard." I mumble to myself, as I sit on the cream-colored couch, eyes fixing blankly into the ocean view.

I had no bags. There was nothing I wanted to bring— nothing I really had to bring. Even back at the place I'd stayed for six years, I barely had anything to myself.

I had never seen this much sunlight before.

Then the doorbell rings. And my eyes blink open, when Rin suddenly runs out from a door. She calls behind her shoulder.

"I'll get it!"

I close my eyes again.

Until I hear a familiar voice, deep and alert.

"Who are you?"

It's that man. The one who had been with V.

"Who are you?" Rin says back, her eyes narrowing as I stand from the couch. "You don't look like guy—"

Tall, slender figure. There's a dark cap pushed low over his pale face, but it doesn't hide his guarded eyes. He only loosens the tension from his shoulders when he sees me.

"Miss Aeri."

I nod. "You're one of his. Who were you again?"

"My name is Jungkook." He says. Rin has her arms crossed over her shoulders, staring up at him with a clear frown. "He sent me to ask if you needed anything."

"No."

"And?"

He winces. "And he wants me to take you to the café just down the street. He's there, waiting."

I scoff. He couldn't make the way up here to come get me himself?

"I know which one you mean," I say, tugging my jacket over my shoulders. "You don't have to take me there. Rin."

She starts to slip on her shoes, ready to follow me.

The man named Jungkook purses his lips as he shifts to block her way. She looks up at him with a glare.

"I'm afraid it's only Miss Aeri." He murmurs, avoiding her fierce, tawny gaze. "I'm sorry."

"Great, then. You can take her somewhere and get her something to eat." I say, before I step out of the house. "Thank you, Jungkook."

Rin hisses.

"Aeri, you're going to leave me with someone who might just kill me and lay me out to dry?"

"It's alright. He's kind enough to bury you nicely if he does."

She glances up at me with shock. And I smile back at her, mouthing over Jungkook's shoulder. He isn't looking at me.