Tom

Hermione POV

"So, this place ?" Remus said skeptical. They apparated into New Orleans graveyard. Apparently he was there.

And sure enough Nicodemus was sitting under a tree in it's shade. Playing with a skull ring on his finger.

Just after a second they apparated here, he looked at them with a jolt after just staring off in space as if just sensing them.

"Who's there ? And I know you are monster who just appeared out of thin air, so come out." He said, with a black sword in hand.

Hermione gasped. The others looked at her and the and adults looked at her with grave looks in their eyes. She then said "That is the death metal that went extinct years ago."

Dumbledore then came out with the his hand raised as in peace and a grandfatherly smile. "Relax, my boy, I assure we are not monsters but humans. I am Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts school of Witch craft and wizardry. Are you  aware about your...ancestry ?"

Nicodemus didn't answer and looked blankly at Dumbledore "Witchcraft and wizardry...Yes I have heard about you..." He said softly and trailed off.

"Who did you hear about this from ?" Moody asked suspiciously

"The ghosts from the wizarding world. I ran into a few of them. They were secretive. I only managed to find out that witches and wizards are real and have their own societies. And that some boy died last year. Though I couldn't find who it was."

"Well my boy. it was true and you are from the wizarding world, I can't discuss the specifics now but you are being invited to Hogwarts as a learning opportunity. So, will you come with us ?"

The boy stiffened for a moment as if hearing someone talk. "Okay. But I have to call my friends first." Friends huh. So he didn't have adoptive parents.

"Sure" Dumbledore said "Take your time. We will be here."

Nicodemus took out a phone and talked to a few people and as he was about to crash at someone's place for the night he had already packed in a duffel bag.

Before we apparated Nicodemus asked Dumbledore "I can control shadows. They talk to me. Snakes too. I can sense people's souls. And when someone was about to die. The dead like me. They come to me. Is that normal, I mean for a wizard ?"

"It is rare but not unheard off" Dumbledore said not before whispering  "Tom"

"Huh?" Nicodemus looked confused.

But Dumbledore gave no explanation to him. Simple apparating him to Grimmauld place.

The shadows, the dead, the snakes, the souls there was no way it was not unheard of. It was dark magic.

More importantly Voldemort.

He is the son of Voldemort.