Bravery Or Stupidness?

(A few days later after Ron left the group)

Nico POV

There were objects flying everywhere and one could easily hear Tom's enraged voice along with the screaming of the Death Eaters.

Nico sighed and went back to reading on the floor, ignoring Nagini's hissing on the bed she was sleeping on, angry at all the noise.

They had been put together as a precaution. A lot of Death Eater's were coming to the manor to visit and get tortured by Tom for failing to find Harry Potter and his lackeys.

Nagini herself had failed as she had tried to impersonate Bathilda Bagshot and still couldn't catch Potter when he was right in front of her.

Tom had been very displeased by this but then told them that his horcruxes couldn't go anywhere from now, on missions, due to their importance in the war.

Right now Nico was reading a pristine copy of The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore.

It wasn't that hard to steal it from one of the Death Eaters high up in the fallen ministry and with a lot of money. The Death Eater had smartly kept quiet about the missing book.

Albus Dumbledore, shortly after his mother's death, With his friend Gellert Grindelwald.

The Greater Good.
Now approaching his eighteenth birthday, Dumbledore left Hogwarts in a blaze of glory --- Head Boy, Prefect, Winner of the Barnabus Finkley Prize for Exceptional Spell-Casting, British Youth Representative to the Wizengamot, Gold Medal-Winner for Ground-Breaking Contribution to the International Alchemical Conference in Cairo. Dumbledore intended, next, to take a Grand Tour with Elphias "Dogbreath" Doge, the dim-witted but devoted sidekick he had picked up at school.

The two young men were staying at the Leaky Cauldron in London, preparing to depart for Greece the following morning, when an owl arrived bearing news of Dumbledore's mother's death. "Dogbreath" Doge, who refused to be interviewed for this book, has given the public his own sentimental version of what happened next. He represents Kendra's death as a tragic blow, and Dumbledore's decision to give up his expedition as an act of noble self-sacrifice.

Certainly Dumbledore returned to Godric's Hollow at once, supposedly to "care" for his younger brother and sister. But how much care did he actually give them?

"He were a head case, that Aberforth," said Enid Smeek, whose family lived on the outskirts of Godric's Hollow at that time. "Ran wild. 'Course, with his mum and dad gone you'd have felt sorry for him, only he kept chucking goat dung at my head. I don't think Albus was fussed about him. I never saw them together, anyway."

So what was Albus doing, if not comforting his wild young brother? The answer, it seems, is ensuring the continued imprisonment of his sister. For though her first jailer had died, there was no change in the pitiful condition of Ariana Dumbledore. Her very existence continued to be known only to those few outsiders who, like "Dogbreath" Doge, could be counted upon to believe in the story of her "ill health."

Another such easily satisfied friend of the family was Bathilda Bagshot, the celebrated magical historian who has lived in Godric's Hollow for many years. Kendra, of course, had rebuffed Bathilda when she first attempted to welcome the family to the village. Several years later, however, the author sent an owl to Albus at Hogwarts, having been favorably impressed by his paper on trans-species transformation in Transfiguration Today. This initial contract led to acquaintance with the entire Dumbledore family. At the time of Kendra's death, Bathilda was the only person in Godric's Hollow who was on speaking terms with Dumbledore's mother.