The Battle of Hogwarts

Meanwhile at Hogwarts...Oh and Dobby is alive.

Ron POV

"How DARE you stand where HE stood? Tell them. Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and let Riddle kill him. Tell them" Harry finished with intense emotions.

The whispers in the Great Hall had gone silent. Students were lined, disheveled students, some in traveling cloaks, others in dressing gowns, yet none of them made a sound.

After a moment of absolute silence, Snape pulled out his wand aiming it at Harry when Professor Mcgonagall pushed him (Harry) out of the way. Her eyes shown with intense rage and determination reminding everyone why she was the Head of the Gryffindor house.

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see the pearly white figures of the school ghosts. Every eye, living and dead was fixed upon Professor McGonagall, who was pointing her wand at Snape who was doing likewise from the raised platform at the top of the Hall.

Professor McGonagall moved faster than me when I am hungry and I see mum's cookies. I miss those cookies... Anyway her wand slashed through the air, is he unconscious?

No...A Shield Charm was casted as such that McGonagall was thrown off balance. She brandished her wand and continued to send spells and curses at the slimy git but he managed to parry them. 

It was obvious with the way Snape was backing away into the glass windows of the Great Hall that he was on the losing side. Then there was no slimy git, but a great black fog that McGonagall blasted to smoke, which re-formed and solidified in seconds and bolted out the shattering glass with McGonagall thundering after him. He hurtled through the glass in full flight hearing McGonagall cry, "Coward! COWARD!"

As soon as Snape was out of the castle, the great hall burst into cheers and Mcgonagall relighted the torches with a powerful swish of her wand. But at that moment it all changed.

The hall was pierced by the screaming of young children all through the hall, the fire in the torches dimming. They were drowned as a different voice echoed throughout the Hall. It was high, cold, and clear. There was no telling from where it came. It seemed to issue from the walls themselves.

"I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

The dim lights soon became their normal blazing self again. The dark feeling went away, but the feeling of impending doom didn't.

From the Slytherin house Pansy Parkinson was the first to break the silence, "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him. " She said pointing at Harry.

Before Ron could speak, there was a massive movement. The Gryffindors in front of him had risen and stood facing, not Harry, but the Slytherins. Then the Hufflepuffs stood, and almost at the same moment, the Ravenclaws, all of them with their backs to Harry, all of them looking toward Pansy instead, and Harry, awestruck and overwhelmed, saw wands emerging everywhere, pulled from beneath cloaks and from under sleeves.

At that moment a loud screeching noise of old Filch burst into the room, carrying a purring Mrs Norris, idiotically screaming "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor"

"That bloody git" Ron muttered under his breath.

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" Mcgonagall said looking at the man as if he was the personification of idiocy itself.
"Oh...sorry ma'am"
"As it happens Mister Filch your arrival is the most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall."
"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?"