GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

***

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 1 May, widely believed to be the work of Harry Potter and two accomplices.

Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was stolen from was the infamous Lestrange vault and had in fact been checked by the Lady Lestrange, the previous day.

"But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokes goblin this afternoon.

It is widely thought that something very precious was stolen as there have been rumors that the the Dark Lord and his son and heir, the Dark Prince were at the banks and punished the goblins by death.

for more information turn to page 11

***

Another piece of furniture went past Nico's ear, which he had dodged by just tilting his head. Hie sighed. It was too early for this and he hadn't even had coffee.

" Father, if I may-" Nico went to say but was interrupted by yet another piece of furniture.

" Nico, They are my treasures, my safeguards, my anchors to immortality - the diary is destroyed and the cup is stolen. What if, what if, the boy knows about the others? Could he know, had he already acted, had he traced more of them? Is Dumbledore at the root of this? Dumbledore, had always suspected me"

"Father, Dumbledore is dead on my Lord's orders, his wand is yours now sir, yet he reached out from the ignominy of death through Potter. But surely if the boy had destroyed any of your Horcruxes, you, the Dark Lord, would have known, would have felt it?, Surely the others destruction were just mere accidents, no one could have possibly known, they were just luck on the boy's side. You, the greatest wizard of them all; You, the most powerful; You, the killer of Dumbledore and of how many other worthless, nameless men. How could Lord Voldemort not have known, you have been attacked, mutilated?"

 "True Nico, I had not felt it when the diary had been destroyed, but I had thought that was because I had no body to fell, being less than ghost...No, surely, the rest were safe...The other Horcruxes must be intact...But I must know, I must be sure..." Tom mumbled to himself.

He paced the room, kicking aside the goblin's corpse as he passed, and the pictures blurred and burned in his boiling brain: the lake, the shack, and Hogwarts.

"How could the boy know that I had hidden the ring in the Gaunt shack?" Tom continued now calmer "No one has ever known us to be related to the Gaunts, I have hidden the connection, the killings were never traced to me. The ring, surely, is safe. And how can the boy, or anybody else, know about the cave or penetrate its protection? The idea of the locket being stolen is absurd...As for the school: I alone know where in Hogwarts I have stowed the Horcrux, because I alone have plumed the deepest secrets of that place...And there is still Nagini and you my son Nico, who must remain close now, no longer will you two be sent to do my bidding, and you two will be under my protection...But to be sure, to be utterly sure, I must return to each of my hiding places, I must redouble protection around each of my Horcruxes..."

"Very well father. Which will you visit first, which is in most danger?"

"Dumbledore had known my middle name...Dumbledore might have made the connection with the Gaunts...Their abandoned home is, perhaps, the least secure of my hiding places, it is there that I will go first...The lake, surely impossible...though there is a slight possibility that  Dumbledore might have known some of my past misdeeds, through the orphanage. And Hogwarts...No my Horcrux there is safe; it would be impossible for Potter to enter Hogsmeade without detection, let alone the school. Nevertheless, it would be prudent to alert Snape to the fact that the boy might try to reenter the castle...To tell Snape why the boy might return would be foolish, of course; it has been a grave mistake to trust Bellatrix and Malfoy. Didn't their stupidity and carelessness prove how unwise it was ever to trust?"

"I understand father, trusting people with tasks as important as this is foolish, just like you said"

"I should visit the Gaunt shack first, then, and take Nagini and you with me. I will not be parted from the two of you anymore" with the Tom apparated Nico and himself out of the room full of Dead goblins and none alive till miles away. After apparting he locked Nico in a room putting protective wards all over and strode from the room, through the hall, and out into the dark garden where the fountain played; he called the snake in Parseltongue and it slithered out to join him like a long shadow...

Somewhere far away Harry Potter woke up with a jolt as he wrenched himself back to the present. He was lying on the bank of the lake in the setting sun, and Ron and Hermione
were looking down at him. Judging by their worried looks, and by the continued pounding of his scar, his sudden excursion into Voldemort's mind had not passed unnoticed.

"He knows." His own voice sounded strange and low after Voldemort's high screams. "He knows and he's going to check where the others are, and the last one," he was already on his feet," is at Hogwarts. I knew it. I knew it."

"What?" was Ronald's intelligent answer.

***

Voldemort standing upon an outcrop of rock beneath a cliff, and the sea was washing around him and there was a triumph in his heart – They have the boy. He sent through the message to Nico and Nagini through the horcrux link. He told them to be ready with the Death Eater and come to fight with them.

The War was finally here.

Voldemort was moving along the tunnel into the first cave...He had chosen to make sure of the locker before coming...but that would not take him long...he was sailing fast over the dark lake in the ghostly green boat....He had nearly reached the island where the stone basin stood...and he looked down upon a basin whose potion had turned clear, and saw that no golden locket lay safe beneath the surface...The locket and the ring...gone...

Voldemort was looking through the high wrought-iron gates with winged boats on pillars at either side, looking through the dark grounds toward the castle, which was ablaze with lights. Nagini lay draped over his shoulders. He was possessed of that cold, cruel sense of purpose that
preceded murder.

As the Death Eater's began filling into the forbidden forest he felt Nagini and Nico apparate in too. At least he had these two and the diadem. Yes he would win. When the war was over he would merely create more horcruxes.

Voldemort raised the elder wand and said in a voice, that was heard all over Hogwarts and the village nearby it, a chilling voice which said "I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and they shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and
you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

After releasing the spell he let turned towards the Death Eater's and said

"We have till midnight to prepare, in this battle you will either kill or be killed, only the strongest will survive. After Potter is defeated you will all be rewarded. The magical world will be cleansed of muggle filth. Humans, Werewolves and giants, we have all gathered here, to win this battle for the dark side, for blood purity, for our rights, for what is right. You have till midnight, prepare"

At this the Death Eaters and the creature bowed to the Dark Lord and began making plans of how they will attack Hogwarts and began preparations.

Voldemort beckoned Nico and Nagini to him and waited for Nico to report to him of what he could see through the shadows. "A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix. Professors Flitwick, Sprout and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy, and Gryffindor - where they'll have good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile
Lupin and Arthur Weasley and Kingsley will take groups into the grounds. The Weasley twins will organize defense of the entrances or the passageways into the school"

"Very well Nico, the Battle of Hogwarts has begun."