The funeral

Nico POV

Nico ran through the door and quickly disapparated leaving Snape to duel Potter.

He ended back in his room. He knew he had to go to the main hall to report to Tom and celebrate with the rest of the Death Eaters.

But he couldn't. He couldn't . He took a shaky breath and slid down the wall, burying his head in his folded knees. He wrapped his arms around his knees and began rocking back and forth repeating to himself 'I am not a monster. I am not a monster. I had to kill Bryce. I had to kill Octavian. I had to kill Albus. I had to.'

I had to, I am not a monster, I am not

Nico stopped rocking and stood up. He then straightened out his clothes and hair and walked out of his room as if he just hadn't had a breakdown.

***

Harry POV (After the battle of the astronomy tower)

"Can I leave, Professor?" said Harry.
"You may," said Professor McGonagall. "And quickly."

She strode toward the door and held it open for him. He sped down the spiral staircase and off along the deserted corridor; he-had left his Invisibility Cloak at the top of the Astronomy Tower, but it did not matter; there was nobody in the corridors to see him pass, not even Filch, Mrs. Norris, or Peeves. He did not meet another soul until he turned into the passage leading to the Gryffindor common room.

"Is it true?" whispered the Fat Lady as he approached her. "It is really true? He killed him - Dumbledore - dead?"
"Yes," said Harry.

She let out a wail and, without waiting for the password, swung forward to admit him.

Without speaking to anybody, without making eye contact at all, Harry walked straight across the room and through the door to the boys' dormitories. As he had hoped, Ron was waiting for him, still fully dressed, sitting on his bed. Harry sat down on his own four-poster and for a moment, they simply stared at each other.

"They're talking about closing the school," said Harry.
"Lupin said they would," said Ron.

"So? Did you find one? Did you get it? A - a Horcrux?"

Harry shook his head.
"You didn't get it? It wasn't there?"
"No, Someone had already taken it and left a fake in its place."
"Already taken - ?"

Wordlessly, Harry pulled the fake locket from his pocket, opened it, and passed it to Ron.

"R.A.B.," whispered Ron, "but who was that?"
"Dunno," 

All lessons were suspended, all examinations postponed. Some students were hurried away from Hogwarts by their parents over the next couple of days - the Patil twins were gone before breakfast on the morning following Dumbledore's death and Zacharias Smith was escorted from the castle by his haughty-looking father. Seamus Finnigan, on the other hand, refused point-blank to accompany his mother home; they had a shouting match in the Entrance Hall which was resolved when she agreed that he could remain behind for the funeral. 

A powder-blue carriage the size of a house, pulled by a dozen giant winged palo-minos, came soaring out of the sky in the late afternoon before the funeral and landed on the edge of the Forest. Harry watched from a window as a gigantic and handsome olive-skinned, black-
haired woman descended the carriage steps and threw herself into the waiting Hagrid's arms.

Meanwhile a delegation of Ministry officials, including the Minister for Magic himself, was being accommodated within the castle.

"Anyone else we know died?" Ron asked Hermione, who was perusing theEvening Prophet.

"No, They're still looking for Ni- Riddle, but no sign..."
"Of course there isn't, They won't find Riddle till they find Voldemort, and seeing as they've never managed to do that in all this time..." said Harry angrily.