True Master

Christmas was close.

Everyone came back for the holidays, that is except one Draco Malfoy who stayed at Hogwarts to fix the dam cabinet.

Nico paced in his room. His father did not know of this arrangement for Nico was in charge of it and had only two main goals - smuggle in the death eatters and kill one Albus Dumbledore.

Tom didn't care how Nico did it and just wanted to test him.

Nico asked Draco Malfoy to help him. Nico understood Draco to some extent and if they both survived this with the Light winning, Nico would at least be able to save a young soul. He knew Tom asked Draco to kill Dumbledore but Nico volunteered because he didn't want Draco to live with that guilt.

Nico sighed and looked around his room, his prison. He and Draco had been exchanging letters quite often in order to crack the mystery that was the cabinet. So far it had been very unsuccessful.

His door creaked and in came his lovely father who first wished him a Merry Christmas and hugged him longer than necessary ignoring the way Nico remained stiff and didn't hug back. As soon as Bellatrix came in Tom let go of Nico and went to kiss her.

They continued to kiss each other and whisper sweet nothings to each other ignoring the way Nico looked at them both disgusted.

When they finally broke apart still looking at each other, Bella looked at Nico and sharply said "Death Eater meeting son. Get ready. You'll be arriving just after us. Go get ready."

Nico nodded and picked up his clothes that had magically appeared and went to the bathroom seriously hoping that they didn't made out on his bed.

Alas, his hopes were dashed. He decided to sleep on the floor that night as his so called parents straightened themselves out and looked as if nothing had happened.

They walked out, with Nico just behind them, to the Dinning Hall.

***

The plan had been going well. Draco had stolen the Polyjuice potion that was in Slughorn's office the first day and had been using it to disguise him of Crabbe and Goyle as girls and guards to warn him when someone came.

Draco was using the spell Nico gave him to fix the cabinets while evading Snape as his clear motive was still unclear to both the boys.

Surprisingly or unsurprisingly they started confiding in each other. Draco about his mental problems and life in general and Nico about his Wizard life and his rather traumatizing home life. Of course he didn't disclose his Demigod life but a general gist of it.

After all the secret of telling a lie is mixing the a little bit of truth in.

***

One night out of the blue while Nico was sleeping, more like passed out from the constant physical, emotional and magical pain after being deprived from food and water, he was in a void.

A dream void to be exact. He knew how these worked and started navigating himself through it. Coincidentally Draco was in there too which Nico found odd since he either should be at dinner or fixing the cabinet.

Nico frowned and let Draco into the void and asked him softly, "Are you okay?"

Draco looked at him for a second before completely breaking down in Nico's arms. Nico said nothing but just comforted him as Draco spilled his heart out and told him about what had occurred.

After wiping away his tears, Draco stood somewhat awkwardly as Nico just patted him and led him through the void to a memory of Draco playing happily with his mother.

It was his way of caring and Draco knew and appreciated it.

Nico then looked back at Draco and said, "Now down to business, You have to hurry Draco. I have heard word from the shadows that Albus Dumbledore has gone out taking Harry Potter with him. It's time. See you at the tower."

Draco looked and gave shaky sigh and bowed towards Nico and said "I will not fail you Master."

"Master? I am not your Master. My father is"

"To me you are my Master and I am infinitely more loyal to you than  I can ever be to that man."

"Very well. Now make haste for we have no time to lose."

"Yes Master"