Potterwatch

Nico POV

During the days passing, Nico was getting increasingly bored. There was nothing new on the newspapers and his father won't tell him anything about the war, instead politically taking control of wizarding Britain and always being busy in meetings.

Nico sighed as he tried to tune the radio he had stolen from the manor's attic. His father would have never allowed him any form of entertainment.

But entertainment was not what Nico was after.

In one of him countless nightmarish nights he had a demigod dream. It was about a show on the radio that gave news and portrayed events as it actually happened and not how the Daily Prophet presented them to be.

The show was called Potterwatch. With code names, and all secrecy spells to protect themselves.

Nico spent the entire evening using his wand to beat out various rhythms on top of the wireless while the dials whirled. Occasionally he would catch snatches of advice on how to treat dragon-pox, and once a few bars of "A Cauldron Full of Hot,  Strong Love." While he taped, Nico  continued to try to hit on the correct password, muttering strings of random words under his breath. Nico had guessed enough to know that it was normally something to do with the Order.

After three whole hours Nico found out the password which was ' Albus ' and heard the familiar voice speak out through the tiny speaker.

A voice sounding suspiciously like the voice of the Weasley twins best friend, something like Lin Johnson. "...apologise for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters, we now found ourselves another secure location, and I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi."

"Evening, River."

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," This River or Lin Johnson went on, "let's take a moment to report those deaths that the Wizarding Wireless Network News and Daily Prophet don't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell. A goblin by the name of Gornuk was also killed. It is believed that Muggle-born Dean Thomas and a second goblin, both believed to have been traveling with Tonks, Cresswell, and Gornuk, may have escaped. If Dean is listening, or if anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts, his parents and sisters are desperate for news Meanwhile, in Gaddley, a Muggle family of five has been found dead in their home. Muggle authorities are attributing their deaths to a gas leak, but members of the Order of the Phoenix inform me that it was the Killing Curse --- more evidence, as if it were needed, of the fact that Muggle slaughter is becoming little more than a recreational sport under the new regime. Finally, we regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that she died several months ago. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic. Listeners, I'd like to invite you now to join us in a minute's silence in memory of Ted Tonks, Dirk Cresswell, Bathilda Bagshot, Gornuk, and the unnamed, but no less regretted, Muggles murdered by the Death Eaters."

Nico knew about these murders, Tom's soul reeked of murder constantly and not only old ones but new ones too. Whenever he saw Tom he say the lost souls wailing behind him that without magic no one but him could see.

Nico could only wish them peace once all this is over but knew that they would truly only rest when Tom got the Punishment he deserved.

As the minuted passed River's voice piped up again.