10: 'Daddy's not so little girl...'

I feel tears burn the corner of my eyes as I stare at a photograph of my mom stood a pair of bright yellow dungarees, her hands firmly cradling her bulging baby bump with a bright grin on her face. My chest aches wildly at the thought of her not being with me throughout of this journey.

I know that she would have made the best grandmother, because even though I could barely remember any of the time that we shared together, I do know that she made me constantly feel filled with love and support.

I turn the back of the photograph a strangled sob escapes my lips at the words messily scribbled in black marker:

Our perfect little miracle, mama already loves you so much. 

I turn to the next page of the photo-album, my heart cracks ever so slightly when I see a picture of my mom with curly blonde hair tired into a messy ponytail, she was wearing an over-sized cream sweatshirt with flared black jeans in her arms was three-year old me, my blonde hair was placed into two French-braids, I was wearing a frilly pink dress with a goofy smile on my face.

I turn the back of the photograph and take in the words sloppily written, It literally feel as if someone has punched my gut:

Scarlett Aurora Summers, you are going to change the world one day, and you don't even know it.

Because now I don't know if I will ever be able to change the world because realistically all my dreams I've longed and hoped for can't happen.

I jump slightly as a small knock echoes my room before my dad's head peers into my room with a small smile.

'Hi buttercup, Brooke said that you wanted to talk to me.'

I let out a shaky breath, 'Y-Yeah.'

His smile drops when he notices the book in my lap, 'You looking at pictures of mom?'

'Y-Yeah, I'm just really missing her at the minute.'

He nods slowly before he sits on the edge of my bed, 'Me too, every single day.'

'D-Dad there is something that I need to tell you.'

'Okay, tell me.'

''I-I'm...I am...pregnant.'

My dad abruptly stands up, 'If this is a joke Scarlett, it isn't very funny.'

I shake my head, 'N-No it isn't a joke, I-I'm being serious.'

'How could you be so careless?!'

'I-It was an accident.'

'No, forgetting to do your homework is an accident, this is something else entirely. I thought I brought you up to be better than this.'

'D-Dad, I promise I didn't intend for this to happen.'

'But it did. Who is the father?'

'R-Rocky, Luke's friend.'

My dad runs a hand over his face, 'Well, what are your plans? Because college was always your dream, you can't attend classes with a Newborn attached to your hip.'

'I-I was going to see if I could do online classes until I could get the baby into a d-day-care.'

'You do realise that you will have to inform your college about your situation. I don't think Julliard will want to accept someone who isn't responsible. You are throwing away your entire future.'

A small sob escapes my lips, 'I-I know but-'

'But nothing Scarlett, do you know how hard I have worked to save up your money for college?'