29: 'The gender reveal part 2...'

I yawn quietly as I lean against Autumn who is stood beside me slowly drinking her diet coke, 'Thank you for today.'

'You okay Scar?'

I shrug as my eyes flicker towards Rocky and Aurora who are laughing loudly at something, 'I-I'm fine.'

Autie follows my eyeline before a frown settles into her features, 'Do you want me to beat her up?'

I laugh, 'N-No, she hasn't done anything wrong. I just didn't realise how happy she makes him.'

'I think it's just because she's his friend, I mean Sammy makes us laugh all the time.'

'But that's different.''

'Why is that different?'

'Because it is!'

She rolls her eyes, 'It's completely the same but okay.'

I wince slightly as a stabbing pain shoots through my back, 'I-I think I need to sit down.'

'Okay, shall I go and find you something to sit on?'

'Please.'

I attempt to soothingly rub my back, but it was proving impossible because my arms simply aren't long enough for this sort of task.

My eyes widen as my dad stumbles into the garden holding a beer bottle with a grin plastered onto his face, 'Baby girl!'

I wrinkle my nose as the stench of alcohol invades my nostrils, 'A-Are you drunk?'

'Completely hammered!'

'D-Do you want some water?'

He waves his hand in my face, 'I'm fine, I know how to handle my drink.'

I place a hand on his shoulder before he shoves it off me aggressively, 'D-Dad..'

'Your mother should have been here today.'

I clench my jaw as tears burn the corner of my eyes, 'I-I know, I-I wish that she was.'

Lucas walks towards us with a wary expression, 'Gary? You okay man?'

'I'm fine son, I'm just trying to talk with my daughter!' He hisses loudly making everyone scattered around the garden glance at us.

'Dad...please can you keep your voice down?' I whisper weakly.

'You are the reason, Scarlett! If it wasn't for you then I would be standing here happy today with your mother!'

A loud sob escapes my lips, 'I-I'm sorry.'

Luke takes a protective step in-front of me, 'Why the fuck are you apologising Scar? You've done nothing wrong.'

My dad laughs bitterly, 'Nothing wrong? If it wasn't for her then my wife would never have gotten post-natal depression.'

My heart breaks entirely, I always had my suspicions that my father blamed me but now I know it's the truth, he truly does think that it's all my fault.

'Gary, I couldn't give a fuck that you're my stepdad right now, either stop talking or I'm going to kick your ass.'

My dad sighs loudly, 'You're going to suffer the same fate, you know. You are going to leave your child without a mother.'

My stomach drops entirely, 'W-Why would you say that?'

'Because I'm not fucking blind Scarlett, you and your mother are the exact same! Both over emotional, and you won't be able to cope!'