30: 'The date part 1...'

My eyebrows furrow together as I attempt to shove all of my binders into my locker, but it was currently overflowing, so it was proving impossible.

'Scarlett?'

I let out a loud yelp as I turn around to see the owner of the voice, 'H-Hi!'

The dirty blonde-haired hovering over me gives me a small smile, 'Hey, how are you doing? I've not seen you at any of the rehearsals in a while.'

My eyebrows furrow deeper, 'I-I've not missed any rehearsals, and I really don't mean to come across as rude. But I don't remember you being in the play.'

He laughs as he holds his hands up in mock surrender, 'Okay, I admit. It was a pathetic excuse but I kind of needed one, so I can try and talk to you.'

'You don't need any excuse silly! I'm always here if you need someone to speak too.'

'How would you feel about me and you speaking together on Friday night?'

I nod slowly, 'Yeah, I can speak on Friday. Do you want my number or something, so we can call?'

He rolls his eyes, 'Scarlett, I'm asking you out on a date.'

My eyes widen massively as my cheeks burn, 'O-Oh, a date.'

'Yes, a date.'

I gesture towards my stomach, 'You do realise that...'

'I don't mind, I-I've actually had a crush on you for quite a while now.'

'You have?'

'Yeah, I have. So, what do you think?'

'I-I think that a date sounds nice.'

Truth be told, it doesn't sound nice at all. Because the only person I want to go on a date with is the grumpy asshole who only sees me as a friend with the occasional benefit.

I'm never going to be the type of girl that Rocky settles down with, I'm simply not enough for him.

So maybe a date would be a good distraction.

'Perfect! I'll pick you up at eight.'

'H-How do you know where I live?'

'I've been to one of the parties Luke has thrown before, you two live together, right?'

'Y-Yeah, we do. By the way, I'm so sorry to ask you this, but I can't exactly remember your name.'

He chuckles, 'It's Ben.'

I give him a bright smile, 'Well, I'll see you on Friday Ben.'

...

Autumn eyes me up warily as she watches me apply my make-up, 'Are you sure that going on a date is a good idea, when you clearly like someone else?'

I roll my eyes, 'I appreciate the concern Autie, but Rocky has stated numerous times that he isn't a relationship kind of guy. So, I don't see the harm in trying with someone else.'

'Well, where is this Ben taking you?'

I shrug, 'I have no idea, all I know is that he's going to pick me up in an hour.'

She crosses her arms against her chest, 'How do we know that we can trust him?'

'I-I suppose that we don't know that.'

'Please can you make sure to send me, your location?'

I nod slowly, 'I will, I promise. I'm going to be fine.'

'I know, I know. It's just I don't trust men, the only guys I trust are Luke and Sammy, actually I feel like I'm close to trusting Rocky but I'm just not quite there yet.'