40: 'The Little Mermaid...'

I wince slightly as I look at myself in my costume, I can't help but feel how much better it would look if I wasn't nearly six months pregnant. All I felt right now was puffy and swollen. I collapse onto the seat in my dressing room with a deep frown on my face as I stare at myself in the mirror.

I know it shouldn't but my heart hurts slightly when I see an empty vase, usually there would be flowers in there from Toby, he had never missed any of my plays. My heart wasn't hurting in a romantic sense, not in the slightest. I just missed one of my best friends and I just want him to be him again, so we could at-least have some sort of friendship.

There's a knock that echoes the room, 'Come in!'

I turn my head slightly to see Autumn standing there with a bright grin on her face, tears burn the corner of my eyes when I notice that she has a bunch of sunflowers in her hands.

'Y-You brought me flowers?'

She nods slowly as she steps inside, 'I remember you telling me about Toby always would bring you flowers and you deserve flowers, so I didn't want you to miss out on them tonight.'

The love in my heart right now is nearly enough to make me explode, 'I love you Autie.'

'I love you too, but no tears! You're about to go on stage, you can't let your make-up run.'

'I know, I'm really trying my best not to cry right now, I'm starting to think that I need to stare at the ceiling.'

She laughs softly, 'You excited?'

'I'm feeling a little bittersweet, this will be the last time I preform before the baby comes and I guess, I'm worried that this will be the last time that I ever step foot on a stage.'

'Well, speaking as your best friend, I know for a fact that there is no way in hell that this will be the last time. This Scarlett Summers is only the beginning.'

'I hope so.'

'Well, I know so. Good luck! And don't break a leg, please.'

'I'll try my best.'

...

Tears stream down my cheeks as I clutch Isaac's hand, he turns to me with a heart warming smile as the audience begins to cheer loudly. I giggle softly before I tackle the boy next to me into a tight hug.

'We did it!' I cry out as the curtain closes.

'I'm going to miss performing with you.' He whispers into my ear.

'Me too. But I promise I'll be there when you land a spot on Broadway.'

'I'll get you front row seats.'

'You better do!'

'By the way, I saw your Instagram post the other day, I admit it I was doing a little cyberstalking on Sammy and I saw that you where having a boy, congrats.'

I give him a toothy smile, 'Thank you!'

'How do you think about the name Isaac?'

I roll my eyes, 'We've already got a name but thank you very much.'

'What is it? Please don't tell me it's something like fucking Apple.'

I snort loudly, 'No it isn't Apple, it's Finn.'

'Finn, I like that. Will he be a Summers?'

I shake my head, 'No he's taking baby daddy's last name.'

Isaac wiggles his eyebrows, 'Speaking of baby daddy's, how is that handsome specimen of yours?'

My cheeks flush brightly as my stomach churns, 'He's very good thank you, we're actually officially together now!'

His grin widens, 'Hey! That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!'

My eyes widen slightly when two strong arms wrap around my front from behind, I turn my head slightly to see Rocky hovering over me.

'Hey man, nice to see you again!' Isaac chirps.

Rocky gives him a small smile, 'You too, you were great out there.'

'Thanks I really appreciate that! I'll leave you two alone now, I'm going to see if anyone wants my autograph.'

I snicker quietly, 'Good luck with that one.'

Rocky's grip on me tightens as he presses a kiss against my neck, 'Hey sunshine.'

My kneels nearly buckle as I turn into a puddle of happiness, I turn around so that I'm facing him, 'Hey you.'

'You were so fucking amazing.' He whispers softly, 'I can't believe that I'm actually with you.'

'R-Really?'

'Yeah, I was sat there thing fucking hell, I actually get to go home with her tonight!'

I laugh softly as tears burn the corner of my eyes, 'T-Thank you for coming.'

'Don't thank me at all, I'm going to come to all of your plays and I can't fucking wait to see the look on our sons face when he realise how talented his mom is.'

A loud sob escapes from my lips as a deep feeling settles in my chest and it worries me slightly because I know what this feeling is.

It's love.

I'm falling in love with Rocky James.

'By the way, I'm kind of finding this whole mermaid thing hot, do you think that you could keep the costume on?'

I laugh loudly as I gently poke his chest, 'Not happening, it's tight and I'm uncomfortable.'

He frowns, 'You're no fun.'

'I promise that I can you fun later.'

A small smirk tugs on the corner of his lips, 'I'll pencil you in.'

Sammy rushes over toward us with a goofy smile on his face, Luke and Autumn are trailing behind him 'Look it's the married couple!'

I roll my eyes, 'Not funny Samuel.'

'You where so good out there!' He cries out before he tackles me into a hug, I hug him back tightly.

And a sinking feeling settles into my stomach, he was going to leaving soon. He was going to be travelling the world, he'll be thousands of miles away.

I only had six weeks of Sammy Taylor left.

My heart hurts when I look at Autumn's tear stained face, 'I don't know why but every time I see you perform, I just start crying.'

Luke nods in agreement as he reaches forward and kisses my cheek, 'You were great Scar. But you need to stop being so good because I can't deal with Autumn's sobbing.'

She shrugs, 'I don't even understand why it happens, I hate crying especially in public.'

'I know you're quite a cold person, I find it strange that the Little Mermaid made you crack.' Sammy murmurs.

She narrow her eyes, 'You tell anyone and you're dead.'

'I don't need to tell them, I'm pretty sure that they heard you.'

Rocky looks at us all with an expression I've never seen on his face at all, 'Do you guys want to grab some food? My treat.'

I blink slowly, 'Your treat?'

'Yeah, I want to treat you all to celebrate your performance.'

I don't think I've ever felt this content in my entire life, not only did he actively show that he cared about me but he was always trying to make an effort with my friends. This was entirely foreign to me, no one had ever show me this type of commitment before.