38: 'Unexpected treats...'

I look over at Luke who keeps frantically glancing at me while we are supposed to be watching a movie, 'You okay?'

He sighs loudly as he runs his fingers through his hair, 'Are you okay?'

I nod slowly, 'I'm fine yes. Are you?'

'I was really scared that something bad was going to happen to you.'

I give him a teasing smile as I shovel popcorn in my mouth, 'Aw, does my big brother care about me?'

'Of course, I care! I don't think I would have gotten through the last few years without you and now I'm panicking because I feel like I don't appreciate you enough.'

My heart warms intensely, 'You do.'

'Good.'

'You know how you where so worried about me?'

He groans loudly, 'What do you want?'

'Go and get me a diet coke, I've just gotten comfortable.'

He rolls his eyes but stands up anyway, 'I hope you know that when you've had the baby, this special treatment stops.'

'I know, just get me my drink!'

'So bossy.'

'Luke?'

He spins his head around as he stops on his heel, inches away from the kitchen door, 'Yeah?'

Tears glisten in my eyes as I speak, 'I'm really glad that out of everyone on this planet, I got lucky enough to get you as a brother.'

His expression falters for a moment, 'Stop making it cringey!'

'Oh and while you are up, you may as well grab me my script, it's on my dressing table in my bedroom.'

'I'm not going upstairs.'

'Come on, I've been in the hospital don't be an ass!'

'Fine!'

I raise an eyebrow when I hear the front door open but I don't make any attempt to lift myself up, my eyes widen by a considerable fraction when Rocky walks into the room, followed by a girl with crimson coloured hair.

'Sunshine, this is my cousin Leyla.'

I give her a small wave, 'Hello Leyla.'

'She's visiting for the weekend, mostly because she's doing me a favour.'

I lift up my body slightly as intrigue fills my veins, 'What favour?'

'Leyla is a hairdresser.'

'Okay.'

Rocky wiggles his eyebrows, 'I think you know where this is going.'

I tilt my head, 'I really don't.'

'She colours hair...'

I gasp slightly, 'Are you dying your hair? Because I must say, I think you'd look really hot with silver hair.'

'Nope not my hair.'

'Okay, I have no idea on what's going on.'

Luke waltzes back into the living whistling as he does so, 'Hey man, hello girl I've never met before.'

Leyla gives  him a small wave, 'Hello.'

Rocky sighs loudly, 'Leyla is here to dye you hair.'

I blink slowly, 'What?'

'I spoke to Autumn while you where in the hospital and I asked if there was something I could do to cheer you up, and she said that you really loved your pink hair but you where trying to save money because of the baby. So I asked Leyla, if she could come down and dye you hair, so you didn't have to go to a salon.'