47: 'Little miss valedictorian...'

I fidget uncomfortably in my seat as I force a grin onto my face as I stare at Principle Stewart who is giving me an neutral expression.

'Scarlett, I presume you know why you are here.'

'A-Actually sir, I have no idea.'

'You were in the running for valedictorian, I'm not sure if you recall.'

My heart sinks at the use of the word were, 'O-Oh. Is this because I'm pregnant? Is that why I didn't make the cut? Because I promise my grades haven't slipped in the slightest! And I'm still taking part in all my extra-curricular activities.' 

'Scarlett, I never said that you didn't make the cut. I invited you here to congratulate you. Despite your pregnancy you have actually excelled all of your peers.'

I blink rapidly as my heart leaps out of my chest, 'I-I'm valedictorian?!'

He gives me a small smile, 'Yes, you are.'

'Holy fuck!' I squeak out, 'Shit, I shouldn't have swore...Oh my god! I did it again, I just can't control myself, what is wrong with me?'

'I'll forgive the curse words, but only this once. This is an exciting day for you, are you aware that you are going to have to write a speech?'

I give him a sheepish smile, 'I started writing it the second, I knew I was in the running.'

'Very well, I'm sure it's going to be a brilliant speech...you know, I actually attended school with your mother.'

'Y-You did?'

'I did, she was one of my greatest friends here. You remind me a lot of her, she always had a smile on her face. I know she would be really proud of you.'

Hot tears burn the corner of my eyes, 'Thank you sir, I'd hug you but I don't think it's allowed.'

'No it isn't.'

I wipe my hands on my skirt, 'Okay, I'll dismiss myself. Thank you again for this opportunity.'

'You don't have to thank me Scarlett, thank all of your hard work.'

...

The bright grin that formed this morning is still yet to leave my face, I practically skip into the cafeteria, my heart beaming with pride as I sit down at my usual table.

Sammy snaps his head up, his mouth full of food, 'You seem extra happy today.'

'I am!' I cry out, glee lacing my voice.

'Care to share?'

'I'm waiting for Autie and Luke to join us, then I'll tell you.'

'Should I be worried?'

I shake my head, 'Nope, it's only good news.'

I perk up dramatically as my copper haired friend and my brother walk over to our table, their arms wrapped firmly around each other.

'Why is she smiling like that?' Luke asks with a concerned look on his face, 'She kind of looks like the joker.'

Autumn nods in agreement, 'She's scaring me.'

'I'm valedictorian!' 

Sammy's eyes widen as he tackles me into a tight hug, 'Scar, I'm so fucking proud of you!'

I squeeze his body tightly, 'Thanks Sam!'

Luke looks at me with an warm expression, it almost looked as if it could be admiration, 'I can't believe my little sister is valedictorian! Holy fuck!'

My heart tugs at the way he says little sister because it really sounds as if it means it, 'Well, I couldn't have done it without you driving me to store, so I could get some highlighters.'

'You're right, this is all thanks to me.'

Autumn snorts loudly before she turns her attention to me, she reaches forward and squeezes my hand, 'I knew you could do it Scar, they couldn't have picked anyone better.'

I sniffle slightly, 'I love you all so much.'

'And we love you.'

A small sinking feeling enters my chest when I realise how close graduation actually is which means that everyone is going to be leaving soon. 

And I still don't even know, if I want to move to New York with a new-born baby.

'We need to celebrate!' Luke announces, 'I propose, a night-out to the tiki bar.'

I give him a look, 'You do realise that I can't drink, right?'

'Yes but we can drink for you, plus we can do karaoke. You know how much you love karaoke.'

I grumble slightly before nodding, 'I do love karaoke.'

 'It's settled! Friday night, we will celebrate!'

...

I bounce up and down on my heels as I wait impatiently outside of Rocky's apartment door, I knock once again, this time my knock is more frantic.

The door swings open to reveal a slightly breathless Rocky with a deep frown on his face, he reaches out and examines every inch of my body, 'Are you okay? You text me saying emergency.'

My cheeks burn slightly as my grin grows wider, 'Yeah...I lied!'

He lets out a small breath as he holds a hand to his chest, 'Don't fucking scary me like that!'

'I'm sorry, I was just really excited and I needed to see you urgently!'

'Why? What's up?'

'You are looking at a valedictorian!'

He blinks rapidly before the largest grin I've ever seen him form appears on his face, 'You did it?'

'I did it!'

He wraps his arms tightly around my body before my feet lift slightly off the floor as he spins me around, 'Holy fuck! Baby, I'm so proud of you.'

I always melt at the way he says baby, it effects me in a way that I didn't know was possible.

I give him a playful wink, 'You can officially say that you married valedictorian.'

'That's how I'll introduce to people, I'll say this is my wife and she is stupidly clever.'

I blink slowly as a warm feeling spreads throughout my chest, 'Y-You'd call me your wife?'

'Shit...uh.' He rubs the back of his neck, 'I didn't mean wife, wife.'

I laugh softly as I reach forward and press my lips against his, 'Whatever you say.'

'I am so incredibly proud of you sunshine.' He whispers as he tucks one of my curls behind my ears, 'That reminds me, how do I get tickets for it?'

My heart squeezes tightly, 'Y-You want to come to my graduation?'

'Of course I do, I'll be that crazy guy on the front row clapping the loudest.'

'Rocky James, you are not the man that I originally met at Luke's birthday party.'

He raises an eyebrow, 'I'm not?'

'No, I think I've made you go slightly soft.'

'Trust me baby, when you're around, there is nothing soft happening.'

I wrinkle my nose as I shove him gently, 'Don't make it gross!'

'Wow, so now you think that sex with me is gross. You've changed since we've got married.'

I laugh loudly as I rest my head against his chest, 'They do say that marriage dramatically ruins your sex life.'

A small smirk tugs on his lips, 'Maybe, we should go inside and prove them wrong.'

I grin brightly as I wrap my arms around his neck, 'That sounds like the best idea, you've ever had.'

A:N

Aww I know I created them both I love these two little dorks so much, I still don't know if I prefer them or Autumn and Lucas. What about you guys? Do you have a favourite couple?