28: 'The gender reveal part 1...'

I smile softly as I look at the white dress laid out for me on my bed, Autumn really decided to take this party planning seriously, she even bought me an outfit. She insisted that Rocky and I wear white and everyone else dress in either pink or blue.

'Do you like it?' She asks as she peers her head around my bedroom door, her cheeks red and flustered.

My heart warms, 'I love it!'

'Then put it on, your guests will be arriving in thirty minutes!'

'Am I allowed to look outside yet?'

'Nope.'

'Please!' I whine.

She waves her hand dismissively, 'You aren't breaking me, I want everything to be a complete surprise.'

'Fine!'

I slowly peel of my pyjamas and slide on the dress, it was extremely elegant and flowy. I turn around so I can look at myself in the mirror and to my surprise, I didn't totally hate the girl who was staring back at me.

I tie my half my hair up into a ponytail before I put a black ribbon around the band, I place all my usual jewellery onto my fingers and neck. I curse loudly when I notice one of my false lashes was beginning to fall off, I quickly attempt to put it back into place.

A small knock echoes my room, my heart stops when I notice Rocky standing there. I've never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life, the word handsome wouldn't even be able to cover how good he looked. He was wearing black jeans and a white button-down shirt.

'Y-You look beautiful!' I blurt out.

A small smile tugs on the corner of his lips, 'You look...pretty.'

My cheeks flame wildly as a gigantic grin explodes onto my face, 'R-Really?'

'Really, sunshine.'

I peer over his shoulder, 'Where's Arlo?'

'He's sat downstairs with Aurora.'

'O-Oh, so she managed to make it?'

His smile widens, 'Yeah.'

My stomach churns unpleasantly before I nod to myself, 'Let's go downstairs then, the party awaits!'

We wordlessly walk downstairs, I grin brightly when I notice Sammy talking to Brooke both of them dressed in a pastel blue, I quickly make my way towards them.

'Hello, my little darlings!' I chirp.

Brooke rolls her eyes softly before she wraps an arm around my shoulder, 'Hello my little cherub, how are you feeling?'

'Extremely excited! I-It's starting to really hit me that in an hour, I'm going to know whether I'm having a daughter or a son.'

'You're having a son.' A voice says from behind me, I turn my head to see Luke stood there with a navy-blue shirt on.

Autumn rushes into the kitchen wearing a pastel pink blouse along with her flared jeans, 'Okay, I think that we are more than ready! Let's get you outside!'

I give her a soft smile as I reach forward and link my arm with hers, tears burn the corner of my eyes the second that we step outside. There was a white gazebo with numerous fairy lights, strung around it. There were various snacks laid out on a table in either the colours pink or blue. There was a black balloon stood in their centre with a question mark on it. Darted around the area was various games such as guess who the baby is in the picture.

'A-Autie! I love it!' I croak out as I wrap my arms around her tightly.

'R-Really? Because I was a little nervous that you'd hate it.''

'How could I hate it? My best friend did all of this for me.'

I watch as everyone settles themself outside, talking aimlessly among each other. I flicker my eyes around in the hopes of seeing my dad, but he isn't here yet, that's at-least if he decides to show up.

'Kiddo!' A familiar voice greets, I turn my head to see Arlo hobbling over towards me with his walking stick.

I beam at him, 'Arlo! I'm so glad that you are here!'

'Me too, you look very lovely.'

'So do you! In-fact I think that you might be the most handsome man here.'

'You keep me young kid.'

I look over his shoulder to see a blue-haired girl scowling at me as she watches our interaction, I falter slightly before I force a smile onto my lips.

'I-Is that Aurora?'

'It sure is!' Arlo says, 'Rory, come over here!'

Rory?

Rocky and Aurora must be extremely close, if even his grandfather has a nickname for her.

Aurora sighs loudly before she makes our way over towards us, she eyes me up and down in dictate, 'So, you're Scarlett?'

I smile happily, 'The one and only, you must be Aurora. I've heard so much about you!'

'That's funny, I've heard barely anything about you.'

'O-Oh, well you know Rocky, he isn't much of a talker.'

'He is, when he's with me.'

Great all of my worst nightmares are suddenly coming true because it's becoming painfully obvious to me that Aurora either dislikes me or is secretly in love with Rocky or perhaps maybe even a little bit of both.

'W-Well, I'm glad that he has someone he is so comfortable around.' I murmur softly.

Rocky walks towards us with a smile tugging on his lips, 'How is everyone?'

'P-Perfect!' I manage out.

'Dandy.' Aurora mutter sarcastically as she examines her nails.

Arlo shrugs, 'I would just like a beer son.'

I laugh softly as I hold out my arm, 'Would you like me to take you to get a beer?'

'Please!'

We begin to silently walk away, I slyly turn my head behind my shoulder when I hear loud laughter erupting from Rocky's lips. 

I've never been able to make him laugh like that before.

'I wouldn't worry.' Alro mutters as we reach the drinks table.

'W-What do you mean?'

'I can tell, you are worried about Robert and Aurora. They're just friends, trust me.'

My cheeks flush, 'I-I'm not worried.'

'It's written all over your face sweetheart.'

'EXCUSE ME!' A voice shrieks out, I turn my head to see Autumn standing there with a sheepish smile, 'Now that everyone has arrived, I would like to grab the mother and the father.'

My eyes scan the room with defeat because not everyone has arrived, which means that my dad isn't coming. I give Arlo a brief smile before I walk towards my copper-haired best friend.

Autumn gingerly places a pin in both mine and Rocky's hands, I look up at him with a nervous expression, he gives me a small smile in return.

'T-This is it.'

His expression softens, 'I guess it is.'

'Okay!' Autie claps, 'On the count of three, one, two, three.'

I squeeze my eyes shut as I step forward and place the pin into the balloon, loud cheers erupt from the room, I peel open one of my eyes to see blue confetti scattered around the garden. A loud sob escapes my lips as I race forward and wrap my arms around Rocky's neck, his grips my waist tightly as buries his head into my neck. I soothingly run my hands through his hair.

When we pull apart my heart warms at the amount of love that is shining through his eyes, 'W-We're having a little boy.'

'A-A little you.'

'I KNEW IT!' Lucas screams out before he runs towards us and tackles us both into a tight hug.