19: 'Study buddies...'

TW: Mentions of eating disorders, please only read if you feel able too, your mental health is far more important than any book and you are so much stronger than you know <3

Nerves bundle in my stomach before I shakily buzz the intercom for the apartment building, I'm stood in-front of.

After a few seconds a voice echoes my ear, 'Hello?'

My cheeks flame wildly, 'H-Hi Rocky, it's Scarlett. I-I've got something for you.'

My eyes widen slightly when I hear the door unlock, I quickly rush forward and catch the door. I glance around the luxurious lobby.

 Jesus, this is some next level rich person shit.

I advance towards the elevator before I climb inside and press for floor number three, my butterflies intensify as I reach the floor. I glance around awkwardly when I notice how large this floor must be.

Relief flood inside of me when one of the doors open and Rocky's head peers out of it, 'Sunshine?'

I grin at him, 'Good afternoon cherub!'

He makes a face, 'Please don't call me that again.'

I look up at him with hopeful eyes, 'Are you going to let me in?'

'That depends, what are you here for?'

I swiftly place my backpack in-front of his face, 'I have brought all of my expertise to help you ace your exam on Friday!'

His eyebrows knit together, 'You are here to help me study?'

'Of course I am! You helped me the other day, so it's only fair that I return the favour.'

'W-What? Scarlett, if I help you, I don't want you to return the favour. That's not how being friends works.'

I wave my hand dismissively, 'Of course it is. Are you going to let me inside of not?'

He sighs loudly, 'Fine, you can come in.'

I grin as I make my way past him, I grimace my jeans rub against my stomach. I think a part of me is refusing to accept that fact that my body is changing, I'm nearly twelve weeks pregnant now and even though I didn't exactly have a bump. My stomach was swollen and hard. 

'Wow, your apartment is so pretty.' I murmur as I look around my surroundings, and it truly was except there was barely any colour or anything that made it look remotely homely. 

My heart warms slightly when I notice that he already has his textbook and notebooks out on his dining table. I don't know why but I find it adorable that he was trying his best to learn.

'I see you've already made a start.' I say softly as I attempt to lower myself into the chair because I'm worried if I move too quickly, my jeans will rip.

'Why are you moving like you've shit yourself?'

My cheeks flame at his abruptness, 'I-I'm not.'

'You really are.'

I let out a small huff, 'Fine, my jeans are just a little tight, in-fact they're that tight I'm struggling to breath.'

He cocks his head to one side, 'Then why are you wearing them?

'B-Because I look good in them.'

He gives me a look, 'I'm not buying it.'

'O-Okay, I guess I don't want to accept that I'm going to have to go up in clothes sizing.'

'You're literally still tiny.'

'Well, I don't feel it. P-Plus I'm a performer, I take regular dance and drama classes, everyone there is so skinny and perfect, so I already feel self-conscious but now I'm just going to get bigger and bigger.'