15: 'A Walk in the park...'

T:W Briefs mention of suicide please only read if you feel as if you are in the right headspace to do so, your mental health is far more important than any book.

I shiver wildly as I wrap my coat more firmly around my body, after nearly eight and a half weeks of constant sickness. I've quickly discovered one of the only things that helps to soothe my nausea, is actually being in the fresh air.

My eyes widen as a small figure harshly crashes into my body, I crouch down with a frown on my face as in expect the child for any injuries.

'A-Are you okay?' I ask softly.

The little boy nods with a smile on his face, 'I'm okay.'

I glance around worriedly, 'Are you here on your own?'

He shrugs nonchalantly, 'I lost my brother.'

My eyes widen massively, this boy couldn't have been much older than six 'W-Well, what does your brother look like?'

'A-Actually, I can't talk to strangers.'

'That's good, don't talk to strangers.' I squeak out, 'B-But I just really want to make you get home safe.'

'It's okay. I can walk home.'

'N-No, I don't think that you should walk home on your own. Y-You're only little.'

His eyes narrow, 'I'm actually the tallest in my class.'

'Y-Yes, you are very tall!'

Oh my god.

I actually don't have any fucking idea on how to talk to children. How the fuck am I supposed to raise on?

'And I have my own x-box now.' He announces proudly.

'T-That's cool, I only know how to play the sims.'

He wrinkles his nose, 'The sims is for babies.'

I gasp loudly, 'No, it isn't! It's actually highly educational, it teaches you all about life.'

The brown-haired boy shrugs again, 'I like car games.'

'S-So, sweetheart can you tell me your name?'

He shakes his head, 'I can't give my name out to strangers.'

A small sigh escapes my lips, 'I-I know, I'm just trying to help you find your brother.'

'You'll find him, he's really tall.'

I rub circles into my temple, 'There's a lot of really tall people, what other sort of features does he have?'

'I don't know.'

'W-Well, what's his hair colour?'

'Brown.'

'Okay, eye colour?'

'Brown.'

'Great. W-What about his name?'

The boy's head tilts, 'Why is your hair pink?'

I blink rapidly, 'P-Pardon?'

'Your hair, why is it pink?' He repeats slowly.

'O-Oh, I just like the colour pink.'

'That's silly, I like the colour blue, but I can't have blue hair.'

I shrug, 'Why not? You can have whatever hair colour you like.'

'Because people would be mean.'

'W-Well, bullies are often just people who are insecure in their own lives, so don't let them take you down! Keep shining.'