22

Hope you all enjoy the new cover :)!

Decha was going crazy. He knew that he was supposed to be on break, but on the second day, he was finding it nearly impossible. So he snuck into his father's office and began looking into the footage from the hospital.

There was a man dressed in all black in the video. His face was purposely covered. After swiping his finger across the screen, Decha found out where the man went after encountering Rory in the hall.

He even identified the vehicle. It was the same car that almost ran him over the night he went to check on Rory. But the license plate was invalid. Decha swore. How had he not realized it before?

He needed to find out who this guy was. Right as his fingers traced the keys, the door behind him slid open. "Decha!"

"Yes?" Decha grumbled, not bothering to take his eyes off the footage.

"You're supposed to be resting!"

"I am..."

"You're working!" Jessica Chen stomped into the office with a hard scowl on her face. "Get off your father's computer! What would he say if he found out you were working behind his back?"

"I assume he'd tell me to get off as you did."

"Is this funny to you?"

"I don't know what else I'm supposed to do." Decha shrugged. He couldn't keep his mind off of the case.

"When you were a boy, you loved to paint and read. Why don't you do that?"

"Painting is extremely messy, too much to clean. And I've already read every book in this house. I've memorized every word." Decha stated monotonously.

"You're too smart, Decha." Jessica groaned.

"I'm sorry?"

"Come with me. I've arranged a great way for you to relax." Jessica tugged Decha off the office chair and out of the office. "You remember Lisa Garner, the well-known masseuse?"

"I don't." Decha didn't know the first thing about massage therapy, or the therapists who worked in the field. He was usually surrounded by Generals, Fighters, Council Members, or just people who helped run the Sector.

He didn't know much about any celebrities.

"I've scheduled an appointment for you."

"Great," Decha mumbled sarcastically.

The two walked down a hall and downstairs. On the second floor of the house were the living room, dining room, kitchen, multiple bedrooms, and bathrooms, as well as many rooms for recreational use. Jessica's office so happened to be used for relaxing.

When they entered her office, Jessica and Decha both approached a short curvy woman with short wavy black hair and hazel eyes.

"Jessica!" The woman, Lisa, smiled at her. "I brought lavender oil with me today, shipped in from the flower fields on the west."

"Oh! It must've been expensive! The oil must be very pricey! Do you have any extra? I'll buy it from you."

"I brought you an extra, but consider it as a gift. It's no problem!"

"You're Sweet. Oh, this is my son, Decha. He's taking a break from work, but he needs help unwinding. He's a bit of a workaholic."

"Mom," Decha rolled his eyes.

"It's true, don't deny it."

"Let me see your hands." Lisa grabbed onto Decha's arm and grazed her fingers up his muscles. Without asking, she flipped his hands over to examine them. Decha was a bit surprised but didn't mind it. "He's a strong man."