29

"Hi!" The woman with red hair chirped. She was wearing a one-sleeved black top that exposed one of her shoulders and tucked into her black leather pants. She also wore white combat boots with black laces. Her medium-length red hair was styled more on one side, and wavy.

Decha regretted opening the door the moment he recognized her. It was Chauncey Alan's daughter, Abigail. N926 was the one tagging him. Decha figured she must've gotten his chip details from the Agency.

"N926," Decha greeted her formally. There was no reason to be friendly, to him, she was only a Colleague.

"It's good to see you again, N96. How are you feeling?" She asked, and Decha furrowed his eyes. "You know, because of the bomb last night. I was worried that you got burned."

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm capable of handling those types of disasters."

"Still, I wouldn't want you to get hurt because of me. You saved me and I never got the chance to ask about your well-being." Abigail stepped forward. She grabbed Decha's arm, and he immediately tugged it out of her reach.

"I'm fine," Decha grumbled. "What are you doing here?"

"You wouldn't give me your number, so I went to the Agency and asked around about you. Director Chen was the one who gave my father your address. Aren't you going to let me in?"

"Uh..." Decha wanted to say no, but he was struggling. He wasn't sure why.

"Don't tell me you lack Astellian manners, N96," Abigail giggled playfully. Before he could reject her, she brushed by him and into the home. "Wow, this place is nicely decorated!"

Abigail looked at all the colorful furniture. It looked so bright and happy in here. She expected Decha's abode to be much darker and gloomy looking. "You seem to love the color blue,"

"My mother does," Decha closed the door and locked it.

"Your mother has really good taste! I should ask for tips to decorate my apartment in midtown."

"N926, what's the real reason you decided to show up?" Decha wanted her to get straight to the point. He needed to get Rory's paperwork done and send in a request for her to be scanned.

"I'm interested in you," Abigail admitted, boldly. Decha narrowed his eyes at her, and it wasn't the reaction she was expecting. She wasn't sure what reaction she was expecting. "I've only heard stories about your accomplishments. But to see you in person is very inspiring. You helped motivate the rest of the Generals in my division when we trained at the camp. So I'd simply like to get to know you better."

"I wasn't participating, I already told you. I was only there for a case."

"That doesn't stop me from pursuing you, does it?" Abigail softened her tone and placed her hands on her hips.

"I guess it doesn't." Decha voiced monotonously. The moment he finished his sentence, a loud crash echoed across the room. It sent Decha into fight mode, and his body tensed.

Jessica was standing in the doorway that led to the kitchen. She dropped the bowl of chips she and Decha were snacking on earlier. "Decha!"

"You've seriously gotta be more careful," Decha walked over to her and began cleaning up the big shards on the ground.

"Leave it for the butlers to clean. Who's your friend?" Jessica eyed Abigail skeptically.

"Oh, you must be Mrs. Chen." Abigail walked over to her with her hand extended. "I'm Abigail Alan, Chauncey's daughter. General N926. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise?" Jessica frowned and shook her hand.

"I brought you a gift." Abigail pulled a small box out of her pockets and gave it to Jessica. Jessica didn't want to accept it, because she knew what the gift was for. It was Astellian tradition for a woman to give a gift to the mother of the man she wants to marry.