24

Join our discord server! Link is in my profile bio :)!

A man was stabbed. In front of everyone, in the center of the plaza, a man was killed. The culprit was the same machine that Decha encountered days before.

He went rigid and grabbed onto Rory. She saw the entire thing and was stunned by the scene.

The machine croaked loudly before scanning the entire area. "Shite." Decha flinched away from the glowing green graph that went across his skin.

"30 Generals. Initiate Annihilation."

The machine was looking to kill all Generals present.

As if on cue, one of the Generals stationed by the entrance grabbed onto his blaster and aimed at it. In one swift movement, the bot rolled away from the energy beam and raised its glowing metallic blade.

Decha moved in front of Rory, shielding her from what was to occur. Although he blocked her vision, she heard it. The sound of death. The sound of murder.

Everyone in the Plaza panicked and ran in all directions. Decha looked to his left and right. He needed to get Rory to a safer area and radio for help. There was no way he could fight that thing on his own.

Without hesitation, he scooped Rory into his arms. "Decha!" She whined. There was so much havoc. The amount of fear welling inside of her began to overflow.

Decha climbed up a ladder leading to the top of the apartment building. He realized it was too open. He needed to find a place to hide Rory. "Close your eyes." He commanded her and sprinted toward the edge of the building.

"We have to help them!" Rory whimpered.

"You need to let me find a safe place to take shelter. I'll go back and help once you are safe."

"Decha I—" The air left her body when Decha jumped off the building, with her in his arms. Instead of screaming, she clutched her arms around his body and pressed her face into his chest.

Decha landed on his feet and clenched his fists to disregard the pain he felt. The two were on top of the next building, a safer distance away from the action.

There was a stack of wooden crates nearby. He figured that Rory could hide behind them. "Let's go." Decha placed her down and took a step forward.

But the moment his foot grazed the concrete, the machine dropped in front of the two and kicked Decha into the stack. Rory let out a blood-curdling scream and fell onto her behind.

Decha grumbled and pushed himself up. "I should've known..." He almost forgot how fast this murderous bot was. Before he could react, the robot stomped over to Rory.

Decha ran to stop it, but it tossed him aside. He landed on his stomach with a hard thud.

"Decha! Ah—" The robot yanked Rory by her leg and scanned her. Her heart was pounding so hard she could barely breathe. Tears formed in her eyes as the machine leaned its sharp-edged face closer to hers.

"Rory Clarke..." The Robot buzzed. "Bracketer. All clear." The robot released her and turned to Decha.

"Rory! Get out of here!" Decha hollered, and felt himself getting slammed into the concrete wall nearby.

Rory crawled onto her feet and stumbled away, but she stopped when she noticed the familiarity in the design of the machine. It swung its blade at Decha's throat but he dodged it as quickly as possible.

He tried to pass the machine, but it grabbed onto his shirt and flung him up before slamming him back down. Decha snarled when his sprained wrist scraped against the solid.