50

"So you're telling me... Kilos is the main culprit behind all of the bombs?" Amir scoffed.

Both he and Decha were on their way to Kilos to conduct a very thorough investigation. Thanks to Jax, Theodore allowed the request for a warrant. With it, Decha had the legal authority to go behind the scenes to search for traces of Deliverance.

"Not all of Kilos... Just the company who works under Deliverance."

"Deliverance?" Amir raised a brow. "What? Is that some fool who tried to deliver someone?"

"The Bracks, the organization that works under Deliverance seems to think so." He glanced at Amir. "The body that was identified at the Agency was one of the people who gave me the tip. You remember those two criminals who tried crossing the border in that truck when we were on patrol in Sector B?"

"The ones who almost ran you and that Bracket woman over?"

"One of them was Antoine, and they'd been using that truck to deliver rust to Kilos. He told me that he thought it was strange. But Rusty Metal or iron from Sector B lasts a long time, and that's why Kilos buys it to build their tech." Decha stopped. "And her name is Rory. Not 'the Bracket woman'."

"Whatever." Amir chuckled condescendingly. "I'm still not buying it."

"Deliverance is real. The only reason Antoine didn't give me his name was that he didn't want to get caught and killed."

"And how do you know that this Deliverance fellow isn't Jamison?"

"Because Jamison turned himself in to prevent Deliverance from attacking Rory. He received a digital letter with a threat. And I read the letter. The guy in the hologram was taller, slimmer, and had a different accent from Jamison."

"I'd like to see this letter."

"It's not a good idea. I'm not sure how Deliverance found out that I knew about him. My theory is that he's watching closely. It may be because I replayed the message. That's why all the Bracket Refugees and Antoine were killed."

"But why was Rory left alive?"

"I thought it was to frame Jamison initially. But I don't think Deliverance planned on keeping Rory alive."

"Why do you say that?"

"... Rory is guarded and kept safe back at my house. She's the only refugee that I'm taking care of." Decha frowned and glanced at his right wrist. "Has your chip ever malfunctioned before, Amir?"

"The ID chip?"

Decha nodded and Amir scrunched up his face.

"No. It's been working just fine."

"The day the Refugees were killed, my chip malfunctioned. I lost control over my body and almost killed Rory. And when I snapped out of it, I couldn't remember anything."

"No way," Amir blinked. "Your chip made YOU lose memory? That's never been recorded."

"I found out that our identity chips were constructed by Kilos. And the chips aren't made to malfunction easily. Deliverance tapped into mine and tried to use me to kill Rory. Either way, Deliverance would've gotten what he wanted. Someone to go to jail for him, and for all the refugees to be wiped out."

"So when we walk into this building, you're gonna know what the guy looks like?"

"Not exactly..." Decha huffed and Amir groaned. "I don't think anyone has met him in person, besides Rory."

"Wait, are you serious?" Amir grabbed Decha's arm. "So why don't we ask Rory what the guy looks like?"

"Because she doesn't remember. That's why I made a comparison from the footage. I realized that when the border collapsed, the person who stole POYO from Rory and the person on the hologram was of the same build and stature. The height matches. So does the body type."