Chapter 16: Helstea Auction

(A/n the writing in tis is a bit off since I am really tired after all the study I did. Anyways...)

Walking silently inside, I sat on a couch as Sylvie jumped and curled in my lap. Letting out a tired 'kyu', she closed her eyes and fell asleep. My eyes fixed on her sternum as I observed her core stage. She was making a satisfactory progress... for now at least. 

Resting my head against the couch, I let my mind wander off to the events that unfolded just a few hours ago. 

>> Flashback <<

"Beethoven 'Für Elise' right?" The words boomed in my ears like a thundering gale as I looked at the girl approach me. Her gait was confident, each step brimming with power and an unbridled certitude. What amazed me was the name. 

A solo piano act, commonly known as "Für Elise" was one of Ludwin van Beethoven's most popular compositions. It was not published during his lifetime, only being discovered by Ludwig Nohl 40 years after his death. However, all of these events unfolded on Earth. Not here. It was impossible for someone to recognize the melody as Beethoven's work. 

The prospect of other people reincarnating in this world crossed my mind a few times. There were two possibilities. 

One; This world was a hub of reincarnation. People from many different worlds reincarnate into this one. A common occurrence. 

Two; My reincarnation was a planned act. Or maybe a by-product of something else. Whatever it was, it may be forced. 

After eight years of non-stop observations and research, I couldn't find a single reincarnate in this world, other than myself. So, most possible conclusion was the latter one.

However, as soon as I saw the piano, I could tell it was the handiwork of someone who reincarnated from earth. The design was sleek and too advanced. Since people here lived a really simple life, coming up with such a complex design was not possible for the natives. 

It wasn't like I was trying to look down on people here. But the lack of basic modes of transportation and even the lack of knowledge about other continents showed how under-developed this continent was. The possibility of another continent was never clarified by Sylvia. But I do think it exists.

Thinking back to current situation, if I just feign ignorance, I will never be able to lay my hands on this other one who reincarnated. Playing along I played a tone that many would remember. 

And viola. 

I wasn't expecting it to be a girl but, in any case, I found a fellow reincarnated. She made her way towards me and with a grin, she looked down at me, "Fufufu~ Here I was thinking I am alone. Finally found someone else", she said. 

"I am not sure what you're referring to", I replied. 

She bent and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, "Don't you think you can fool me. I'll be waiting", she whispered in my ear. Handing a small piece of paper in my hand she looked at me once. Her golden eyes glistened once again, a slight sheen of mana forming around her. Letting the restraints on my primary core loose for a split second, I let her know that I wasn't going to be a pushover. Her eyes widened as she smirked once again. With one final look at me she started moving outside. 

I merely blinked and she was gone, leaving my hand in the air as I was about to ask her who she was. 

I looked down and opened the crumpled piece of paper. 

"Saturday Night, 10 PM, ****" My eye twitched as I looked at the name once again. This certainly is troublesome. 

Way too much.