Chapter『64』: Deja vu.

A huge sword whistled past me, grazing my cheek as I backflipped and created some distance between us. As soon as my feet touched the ground, a long whip, made of the vertebrae of some ancient animal whipped at me at a flashing speed. With only one foot touching the ground, I couldn't dodge it completely. 

Using the toes of my foot that had landed on the smooth marble, I side-stepped using mana. I was able to dodge the whip as a whole but the jagged bones that jutted out from it like spikes in a rose, stuck into my arm. It pierced my flesh and bone alike, spraying blood all around me. Like a hook, it lodged itself inside as the monster---a chimera made of multiple skeletons and no flesh, pulled me towards him. 

The whip threw me into the air, making me lose my balance in the air. Twisting my body, I severed the bone with Dawn. It produced a screeching sound, making me almost lose my auditory faculties. As soon as I got free of the whip, I flied back---once again---trying to put some distance between us. While midair, an arrow made of extremely dense bone shot at me with a speed that I was barely able to keep up with shot towards me. 

I let out a deep breath, "Give me a break, will you." I muttered as I conjured a wall of earth in front of me and casted 3 other layers of ice barriers behind it. Just like before, the bone bypassed mana barriers and got extremely close to me. Using Dawn as a shield and augmenting it in a high amount of mana, I braced for impact. 

A huge boom resounded, followed by a halo of smoke, mana and aether as I was blasted into a wall, amidst a huge crater. 

"FATALITY!" Regis mused, hovering upside down as his face came closer to mine while he made his voice deeper. I reached out for the acclorite in my hand, putting pressure on it with the mana inside me. He let out a yelp of pain and clutched his head, "Ok, ok, sorry."

"If you won't be of use, then at the very least, shut up." I ordered. Looking at my arm, I saw the bone still stuck inside it. I didn't take it out because the bleeding could be mind-numbing, so I waited for Sylvia's enhanced healing capabilities to kick in. Once its out of danger, it will kick the piece of bone automatically from it. 

"Ok. I am quiet, but do you have a plan for beating these things?" Regis asked. 

"Not really. In her message, Sylvia said we are in Alacrya's relictombs---built by djinns and this place contain their knowledge. I am not a 100% sure but I think this place is adapting to us." I spoke while my arm fully generated, ejecting the projectile from my arm. I curled and uncurled my fingers while watching at the chimeras. 

After getting up and doing some exercises in the place where I first woke up, I spotted a door. Behind that door was this place. At first the statues sitting on the pillars that jumped at us were weak and I dispatched them quickly. But that is where things got weird. They started regenerating and no matter how much mana I use, it doesn't have any effect. In addition to that, this place is adjusting the monster's strength in a way that it matches my own. 

Really troublesome if you ask me. 

"You did mention something about aether." Regis interrupted my train of thoughts as I jumped in the air, dodging a fatal sword strike. These skeletal chimeras wielded different weapons. Sword, axe, spear, whip, bow and arrow and a... glock!

"Don't forget the crazy Jack the ripper!" Regis interjected once again as he ran around for a chimera with a huge dagger. "Bloody hell, this fucking moron won't stop chasing my ass. I admit I have a nice cake but geez. Someone get this pedo off of me." Regis screamed as he flew around, distracting the knife and spear chimera. 

While Regis refused to use his powers because of his losing his form, I didn't want him to use it right now anyways.

However, I was in a grim situation. Mana attacks won't affect them and while I had a huge amount of it now, there was not much ambient mana here. If I run out of mana, I won't be able to replenish it. I crouched, dodging an unrefined sword swing and used that moment to box in. His technique was unrefined due to which the side of skeleton was always wide open when he used a diagonal slash. Imbuing Dawn with fire mana, I swung her at it but the sword just stopped a centimeter away from it.