Chapter 48 - Papa is the best!

Dodging a strike from the single titanic golem made by Wren, Arthur rolled over the ground, looking for a blind spot to attack.

Standing before him was a towering behemoth, a golem of colossal proportions that seemed to scrape the very sky with its presence. The creature's stony body was hewn from solid rock, imbued with an absurd amout of mana that rippled across its surface like a living force. Its massive frame dwarfed everything in its path, casting a deep, inky shadow across the ground below.

The amount of mana used was evident from Wren's state, as he sat in his floating throne, covered in sweat out of breath.

The golem's multiple appendages were like the twisted limbs of an ancient tree, branching out in every direction, each one bearing a plethora of powerful arms that bristled with deadly weaponry. Its fists were the size of boulders, massive appendages that could shatter smaller mountains with a single blow. Each hand held a different weapon, from a towering war hammer that crackled with lightning to a gleaming broadsword that glimmered in the sunlight.

Despite its immense size, the golem moved with surprising grace and agility, its stony armor plates clanging together like the ringing of a hundred bells as it stepped forward with measured strides. Its glowing, magma-like eyes seemed to radiate with an inner power---mana surge, conveying a sense of focused intent and unwavering determination of the conjurer that could be felt even from a distance.

As it approached, the golem's rumbling voice echoed through the air, a deep, reverberating sound that evoked a sense of ancient dread evident from the birds that flew away from that place. Its very presence seemed to shake the earth beneath Arthur's feet.

The rules of this duel were simple. Arthur had to defeat the Masterpiece of a golem made by Wren without using his flight ability and then he would be able to go back to Dicathen. Sylvie was sitting far away with Lady Myre who were watching this final brawl. Several other asuras had also gathered to watch this showdown as making this golem wasn't every Titan's skill. Only a few skilled ones could make it. It was one of the most powerful mana arts of the Titan Race of asuras, a spell that could destroy continents once it was in berserk mode.

Kordri along with his students which included Taci, someone who deeply envied Arthur were also there. Lord Indrath kept an eye on this match from his castle, but he soon turned away from it, the outcome already visible in his eyes.

The golem let out a deafening roar, its titanic hands holding every kind of weapon hurled down at Arthur. Pressing the ground beneath him, Arthur jumped upwards. The ground beneath his heel cracked. As he soared through the air, the temperature around him began to drop. In an instant, Arthur manifested a sword made entirely of ice, its ethereal form trailing behind him like a mist. The golem's massive morningstar swung towards him like a mighty club, but Arthur was far too nimble to be caught off guard. With a twist of his body, he narrowly avoided the blow, the weapon whistling past him mere inches away. Just as the arm got a bit ahead of his own body, Arthur spotted a small opening and once again mana exploded beneath his feet, propelling him towards the arm pit of the golem. The golem's massive arms seemed to move in slow motion as Arthur made his swift move, his ice sword glinting in the piercing light of the battlefield.

From the few swings the golem did before, Arthur was able to calculate the timing of the window that opened to the blind spot of the golem. Getting closer, Arthur swung his sword and then kicked the golem's chest, making some distance between him and it.

"What happened?" Taci asked, his hazel eyes wide and in shock as it saw the golem take a few steps back.

Kordri smiled and placed a hand over Taci's head as he pointed with his finger, "He managed to sever one of its hands."