Chapter 16.5 : Helstea Auction (ii)

(A/n It's a short chapter. Reason is because I want Kiyotaka confrontation with the other reincarnate to be in separate chapter. I'll publish it after a few hours

let's keep the vote goal to 90!)

Cheers of crowds echoed as the announcer announced another item sold at the auction. One after another, items were sold in a rapid succession---each item more expensive than the prior.

In the VIP corner, the Royalty of the Kingdom of Sapin sat. The king--Blaine Glayder, talked to the head of the auction house--Vincent Helstea, as they discussed methods of payment for the World Lion that the King had purchased for his son--Curtis Glayder. The royal princess looked around, a certain uneasiness bubbling at the pit of her very being.

Just as Vincet shook hands with the king, a barbaric intent weighed down on his shoulders. Like a titanic mountain has been placed on his shoulders, he buckled to the ground. Being a non-mage, Vincet couldn't handle the pressure being exerted. Falling to the ground, he coughed and gagged, bile rising up in his throat.

The king stumbled and fell to one knee. His core trembled---so did his very soul. He tried to coat himself in a veil of mana, but it was of no use. The mana density of the pressure being exerted was too much for the king's weak core to handle. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he looked around frantically. His bloodshot eyes landed on his wife---Priscilla Glayder. She was faring much better than her husband. She was able to protect her children from the exposure to the vicious outburst of mana.

The foundations of the whole auction house shook, a single crevice running through the roof of the VIP room.

"PROTECT THE KING AND HIS FAMILY!" One of the soldiers--an Augmenter shouted, his voice sounding feeble despite his efforts to sound strong. Then just as the dread had spread in the whole Auction house, it vanished--not leaving a single trace behind.

"Arthur!" Alice's frantic voice brought everyone out of their horrified daze. Her arms coiled around Arthur's waist as she fell to her knees. Arthur placed a hand on the back of her head, patting it slightly. "Where were you, Arthur? Are you ok?"Alice asked, cupping Arthur's cheeks in her palms, her voice trembling at the prospect of losing her child...again.

Arthur gripped her arms and removed it from his cheeks, slipping his hands into hers, "I'm fine, mom. I just went out to grab some water", he replied, trying to smile at his mother. Alice smiled back and stood up, ruffling his hair. Arthur's azure eyes swept across the room and landed on Ellie who had her eyes shut and was holding Lilia's dress.

Walking over to her, he bent on a knee and placed a hand over her head, "Ellie. It's alright now", he said in a low, monotone voice. Her eyes opened as she caught sight of her brother. Her mood brightened up as she saw him. Stumbling, she walked over to him as Arthur held her from her hand. "Stay close to me, ok?" Arthur spoke, casting a sidelong gaze at the Human Royalty.

"Ok, bwoder", Ellie replied. Peeling his gaze away from the king, Arthur looked at Lilia, "How are you?"

"I-I am fine. Just a bit surprised. I never felt something like this. I thought non-mages weren't supposed to feel it", Lilia replied, looking at Arthur in hopes of a definitive answer. "Do you know what that was?"

"Who knows?" He shrugged. Clamour of armour clanging echoed as multiple figures walked inside. They were the twin horns and other security members of the Helstea Auction. Close to them were the other Royal guards, dressed in lustrous armours who were stationed outside the VIP room.