Chapter 『57』 - A Revelation

Arthur Leywin

As I entered into my room and pulled the door close to me, I saw Virion sitting in the corner. The room was dark, a single streak of flickering evening light intruding through the transparent window that shuddered as a strong gale passed and clashed against it. Virion's features were shrouded --- leaving nothing but a nebulous and indistinct silhouette, his mood left to be discerned by one's imagination.

Closing the door behind myself, I entered inside, pulling the string that turned the LPD --- the sole source of illumination in the room, on.

The room was quite spacious, almost 6 times the size of the dorm room I had in ANHS and 3 times the size of the room in Helstea Manor. The room was lightly decorated with only the essentials in it. A big bed, a couch and a study table. There was a beautifully carved glass table in front of the couch over the furry carpet --- the iridescence of the glass itself seemed to shimmer in the light, casting prismatic hues onto the surrounding plush carpet.

Virion was reclined upon the plush couch, his face beaming with a sense of tranquility and serenity. His eyes were gently closed, as if in a state of peaceful meditation, and his arms were loosely crossed, his chest rising and falling in harmony with the rhythm of his peacefully beating heart. The tense, severe expression that had previously graced his features was nowhere to be seen. Instead, his features were now slackened, and his features were soft and relaxed --- almost serene. His long silver-white hair that were usually tightly held behind back had been now released from their restraints, cascading in loose waves down his face and chest like a cascading waterfall.

Walking over to him, I took out the jacket I had on me and tossed it on the bed. Extending my hands on the either side, I let myself fall freely on the bed. The sheets rustled as I fell on it, my body bouncing off it once before submerging into it. The mattress was springy as well as velvety soft making me feel like my body would melt away and become one with it. The soreness in my body from Realmheart seemed to have been extinguished for the most part as I turned into my bed. I snuggled my face into the sheets, not wanting to do anything else, the laziness inside me threatening to lull me into the deep embrace of sleep. "How long are you trying to act like you're asleep?" I asked, peeling my face away and looking at the roof that had a design of night sky over it.

Virion's eyes opened as he looked at me, his gaze blunt and lighthearted indicating he wasn't here to discuss anything about war or duties but something personal. Jerking my body, I raised up and sat on the bed, my eyes blinking rapidly as I tried to shrug off the stinging sensation from them. Although I didn't use Aether or the space warping ability that I used against Uto that was obtained from the Keystone from the Djinns, the fight with Cecelia --- the Legacy of Mana still exhausted me.

It could've ended sooner if I used Aether but there were many reasons for not doing so. The main reason was Kezzes' obsession with it. If I used aether better than most dragons he would've done something, and I realize the power disparity between us. The second was because what the Djinns said all those years ago --- about the two legacies of Mana and Aether, I needed to get more insight into aether before actually using it in combat. Cecelia's mana control was leagues better than mind and the only was she was losing because I was secretely creating opportunities for Arisu to attack and injure Nico. Since their love for each other was quite strong, they were the weakest opponents to face while together since the relationship of love could be easily exploited.

I need to unlock the other two keystones as soon as I can. For my own benefit. Also, despite having this thing of ensuring my own survival and making it the ONLY priority... I don't want my family to die because of my mistakes.

"Nothing ever leaves your eyes, do they?" Virion asked with amusement, his expressions half-veiled behind his loose hair. I couldn't make much of them but it seems like he had cried, evident from the swelling that seemed to have been almost hidden behind huge sacs under his eyes. Looking to his right, I could see a small metallic container.