Chapter 33 - Spatial Rend.

(Arthur Leywin Pov)

The obsidian spike cleaved the earth as it manifested from a flicker of shadow beneath me making its way to my core at a thundering speed. 

Before I could react to the miscalculation in the formation of the shadow, the spike had already reached me. It stabbed into my chest. However, instead of the bloody, squishy squelch of a projectile penetrating the skin, the sound of metal screeching and breaking filled the cave followed by a long, un-interrupted silence. 

My primary core. 

It had reached White Core before I started adventuring. However, dividing my core in the first place was not a good idea. Although, the core size doesn't increase with the passage of time as it just becomes more and more pure, dividing it into two separate parts didn't do much benefit. 

In simple words; A core's volume is pre-determined. When a person awakens, the core fragments all around his body that are there from birth compact together to form a single sphere of mana core. However, this is a natural process and couldn't be manipulated unless someone had a mature brain. Someone like me---A Reincarnated person with memories intact. 

Volume of a sphere was calculated using Curved Surface Area. It is the capacity of how much mana a core can hold once all impurities are gotten rid of. The volume of hollow sphere is equal to the volume of inner sphere subtracted from the volume of the outer sphere. 

Hence, by dividing my core into two parts didn't make them integral but rather peripheral and troublesome. 

In the end 1 core with a volume of 410.29 cm3 and Total Surface Area of 200.96 cm2 is the same as the other two cores are made from the same amount of mana fragments scattered throughout the whole body. 

Making one core from 1 million particles and two cores from 500,000 particles each---in essence it all boiled down to once concrete conclusion. 

I had messed up my core formation process. 

Although, the multiple core formation was an exciting act as it could help in various ways but that was the least of my troubles. After white core body goes through changes. The core isn't confined to the sternum but rather the entiurety of human body changes to a core. Like becoming one with mana. 

The fact that this could result in both of my cores being permenantly unusable held me back from aiming for integration stage. 

However, after a year of adventuring in the Beast Glades and the final dungeon dive in which I received the three "cubes" from the crystals who referred themselves as the extinct race of "Djinn" one of the cubes had a very peculiar knowledge stored in them. 

Aside from the "Spatial Rend" abilities that somehow integrated with Realmheart, I felt like my knowledge about the mana had increased itself.   

Using my primary core as a regulator, I created a mana formula integrated after hours and hours of hard work that bypassed its natural process of compacting mana into a sphere but instead started to regulate it every time. It was like division of work. The secondary core which I had used to fully master the mana rotation gathered and provided mana not only for itself but rather the other core too and the primary core would gently supply mana all over the body every time.

At first it was a manual procedure but after a month, it started to happen automatically. A seed of magic formula that made it do its task was already embedded. 

Like how a heart's natural function is to pump blood. The primary core had turned into a kind of "mana heart" as it pumped mana in all parts of body every time, subconsciously.