Chapter 45 - Papa. I missed you! >//<

"Brotheeeeeeer. S-Save me pl-"

As the rays of the sun attempted to penetrate the murky depths of the valley, a desperate voice cried out in a trembling, wavering tone that reverberated through the steep walls of the terrain. The word "Brother" was drawn out, stretched to its limits with a sense of dread lingering like an evil mist. The voice quivered with fear and desperation, barely able to form the next words as it continued to plead for help.

The valley itself was a desolate and dirty wasteland, with dirt and grime covering every inch of the rocky terrain. The walls towered high above, their steep incline a reminder of the treacherous climb that lay ahead.

The grimy hellscape trembled as the ground shook with an overwhelming foreboding. A huge tear formed in the ground and a spike emerged from it, metallic rings coiled around it.

The cry for help melted into choked sobs as the spike impaled the little girl in her sternum.

Arthur stood at the bottom of the cliff, his sapphire eyes gleaming with an oppressive aura as it physically materialised from his eyes.

"B-Brother... why?"

Ellie's delicate voice trembled with emotion, giving way to a choked sob, which reverberated through the air.

Suddenly, there was a sharp thump, as the towering figure behind her collapsed, bringing back memories of years gone by. It was the very same lessuran responsible for Sylvia's demise, now holding Ellie hostage.

His massive frame hit the ground, a gaping hole in his chest as well, leaving a deep indentation in the earth beneath him, as Ellie's petite body tumbled down the steep hills, causing a gruesome symphony of bone-crunching impacts against the jagged rocks.

Finally, her motionless form came to rest beside Arthur, whose stormy gaze remained eerily tranquil, threatening to unleash havoc upon the world at any moment. Ellie's body twitched weakly, attempting to escape its violent fate, but to no avail, as multiple sharp spikes sprouted from the ground, viciously tearing her apart limb by limb, until nothing remained but a grotesque heap of shattered bones and flesh.

"Hmmm... HMMMMMMMM... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" The subtle humming sound started meek and barely audible to loud grumbles of frustration as Wren descended from the sky, sitting on a make-shift throne with sharp stones that could act as projectiles hovering around it like a vicious halo.

"Your perception... It's scary, brat. To think you would see through my dummies. Although, I didn't put much effort into it, a lesser couldn't detect it. Even at your core level," Wren remarked while itching his head and mumbling incoherent words and curses as he looked at the data provided to him about Arthur. His tired eyes widened as he smacked his fist into his palm, "Unless... you have a better understanding of that element."

Wren looked back at the multiple parchments, "There is no data on your earth mana usage. That, you've hidden it pretty well. Hey, Arthur, tell me one thing." Wren said and a grim look appeared on his face.

"What?"

"Since when did you know Windsom was spying on you?"

"..."

Arthur stayed silent, not a word coming out of his mouth, his eyes set on Wren.

"Well say less. I won't press this matter. However, your training needs to improve. It really seems like you don't care about anyone. Killing your beloved sister without a moment's hesitation with such calm composure and using friendly golems as shields. Your selfishness knows no bounds."

"It seems the most logical thing to do. If something needs to be sacrificed, It will be sacrificed."

"Well yeah, I was supposed to teach you a way to fight in a war by saving your allies but it seems like sending people with you would just hold you back." Wren paused before looking down, "Well, it's about time I do this." He said and got down from his throne. Walking towards Arthur, he took out a small stone from his pocket.