Chapter 『56』 - Finally Back (100k special early update)

(A/n) We just hit 100k views. In TBATE community, despite being a crossover with one of the most famous verse, these views are quite a lot since TBATE isn't that well known. Thanks for reading. And because we hit 100k, here is an early update. No update on saturday though. 

After getting Sylvie and Ethan and telling them to remain in there human forms, me and Arisu made our way back to the Council's Floating Castle. Right now, I had just finished telling them about the Retainer fight and the fight with Nico and Cecelia. Sylvie had retrieved the Retainer's corpse that Virion suggested to put on display. However, Aldir's expression shifted with alarming suddenness from that of quiet contemplation to a visage twisted with absolute fury when he heard about the asura named Grey and his intervention to save his friends. 

According to Arisu, he was a reincarnate too. That would make sense since Asuras are least likely to call lessers as their "friends." 

"This matter would be reported to Lord Indrath in the earliest." Aldir's voice travelled through the thick air like a blade. as Virion slumped back into his chair, gripping the bridge of his nose and letting out an extended, tired sigh. The bags beneath his eyes had swollen to the size of a ripe fruit, and his once-fresh visage was now bearing the weight of ages, as if he had lived a hundred years in the span of a mere few days. 

"You should meet your family now, Arthur. You too, Arisu. You never what happens next. This was a close call." Virion said and waved his hand, prompting both of us to leave. I stood up from the chair I was sitting in and Arisu did so too as we got up and started to leave the room. I could feel Aldir's constant gaze on Ethan as if he had its doubts but couldn't tell since the feather that hid his signature and identity was enough to overdrive his sight. 

Aldir bowed in Sylvie's direction, and she just turned around, holding me by my hand. As we made our way towards my family, I felt Sylvie's excitement drip through our bond. The feeling of happiness was a pleasant experience --- a wave of giddy euphoria that was at once foreign and exhilarating. Although, the happiness wasn't my own, feeling emotions through Sylvie was somewhat of a refreshing experience. 

"Arthur?" I heard Arisu's voice as I stopped and turned around. 

"You should meet your family alone. I will go and meet my own family." She said as I looked at her and then at Ethan who was looking at Sylvie. 

"Sure, if that is what you want. Ellie would've liked to meet you." I replied. 

"She needs to meet her brother right now. Not me." She retorted, swinging her index finger in the air. 

"Well then, take care on your way back." I spoke. 

The corners of her lips turned up in a mischievous grin, "Aww, already worried about me, huh?"

"Maybe." 

I could feel her face flush with embarrassment in a near instant, painting her cheeks with a rosy hue. The delicate tips of her ears, once pale, now seemed to pulse with a deeper shade of crimson, as if echoing the rapid beat of her audibly racing heart.

"W-Well, you take care too. I will take my leave now." With a shy and bashful smile, she bid me farewell, her movements as stiff and mechanical as a clockwork automaton as she turned around and started to bolt away from there. 

"Well, well, well, aren't you just a little Casanova," Sylvie quipped with a mischievous glint in her eye, as she placed her hand on her mouth to stifle a laugh. Her snicker quickly turned into a full-blown guffaw, as if she had been keeping this punchline on standby for just such an occasion. 

"I was just being nice to her." I replied and tucked my hands into my pockets, walking in the direction where my family's rooms were. Due to my stature as being the one who was trained by asuras, my parents were given a discriminatory treatment as they were let to stay inside the floating castle just like other Royal families and commanders.