Chapter 1

"Okay, these are good to go... Fix a meeting with Mittal's I will myself handle it also what about those Chinese delegates, weren't they suppose to be here by tomorrow, and yeah..." He was busy checking up on his work when his Dad's PA who was temporarily here for him as he again fired the last one, interrupted.

"Sir..."

"Yes, Shivangi?"

"It's your Dad on the phone..." She forwarded him the phone. "Yeah, Dad?" Shivangi doesn't know what was said from the other side cause the next thing she saw was him running out of the building hurriedly.

"I hope everything is okay..." She whispered. Shivangi has worked for Malhotra's for almost 5 years now and she is always concerned about each one of them except the Mrs. Of course. But Raj Malhotra and his oldest son Manik Malhotra have always treated her nicely just like an extended family member and so had Dhruv Malhotra, the youngest one of the clad.

When Raj told Manik he is in the city hospital, Manik rushed out of the office praying for his Dad's well-being. His Father has always been close to his heart especially when he lost his mother at a young age. Raj was everything to him and even the thought of him leaving distressed him...

He reached the hospital and enquired at the reception for Raj Malhotra. "But sir no one has been admitted here with this name.." the Receptionist informed him confused. "But he said he is in the city hospital and this is the only one with this name right?" He asked and she nodded.

Manik fished out his phone and ring him again, Raj told him to come to 3rd-floor room no. 314. Since his Father was talking to him, he was assured that nothing serious has happened but until he will not see him from his own eyes he will not be at peace.

Manik reached the given room number and found his Father sitting outside with a bandage on his hand and wrist. "Dad, what happened?" He ran towards him and hugged squeezing the life out of him. "Nothing till now but if you keep squeezing me like that, I am sure you will cut my oxygen supply and I hope you know what happens then..."

"Please Dad, stop making such jokes, you know I hate it.." Manik frowned while Raj smiled at his concern. He loves both his son equally though, but Manik is his life. A perfect Son who has never disappointed him, be at academics, sports, and now business... The only thing he hates about him is his messy dating life and he hopes that one day Manik will change his ways.

"I am totally fine Son, don't worry about me but yeah my friend Venkat here got a little more injuries than me. We had a minor accident but nothing Major rest assured..." They both went inside the room where Venkatesh was resting with his foot in a cast.

"Hello, Uncle how are you?" Manik asked concerned. Venkatesh Moorthy is a business partner of Malhotra Industries and they have been doing business for 3 years now. And in these 3 years, Raj and they have become a very good friend too. So both of them hang out usually.

"I am completely fine Son nothing to be worried off... I just want to go home..."

"But you need to rest Venkat, you still can't walk..." Dad said eying his broken leg. Seems painful. "I can't my kids are coming back home after years and I have to be there, also if they got to know I am in the hospital hell will break loose, especially by Nandu..."

"You have kids?" Manik asked and the other two burst out laughing.

"Of course I have kids, My Oldest son is of your age only and then there is my daughter younger than you both, They have been in America for years but now they are finally returning and hopefully Abhimanyu will take over the business, so I will get to little rest too just like you Raj..."

Venkatesh has made a good name for himself in the business world just like Raj. He has always been a cool and loving Father, so when his kids want to enjoy a few years of their life on their own terms he didn't stop them. Now, they both were coming back, back for good and he couldn't be any more excited.

"And when are we going to meet them?" Raj asked smiling.

"I had planned to throw a welcome party for them the day after tomorrow. You all should come. I am sure the kids will gel well with each other.." Manik left the room to go and finish the formalities of Mr. Moorthy's discharge. He was a nice man and so was his wife. She is so sweet and caring, unlike his Dad's wife. Even thinking about her makes his whole mood bitter.

Thankfully Venkatesh was not severely injured and it was just a minor fracture so he got the discharge immediately. Manik decided to drop both of them home as the car they were driving was already sent to mechanic shop. Manik stopped his Car at Moorthy Mansion, apart from his house this was the second place he likes to be in. 

"You both should come in..." Venkat asked getting down while Manik helped him. "No, you guys should have some family time right now, we can't be intruding.. Drop him inside Manik, I will be waiting here..." Raj asked his son. 

Manik brought him inside and immediately his helpers came to attend him. Mrs. Moorthy was at the airport so Manik couldn't meet her. He left after changing few pleasantries. "Are you okay sir?" Raman Kaka, a very old servant of their family asked him while he nodded his head.

"Have you checked everything? Is the food prepared? Everything is of their choice right?" Raman Kaka smiled at his boss who was excited like a child. He knows how much he missed his kids, that's why every 3 month he takes a trip just to spend some time with them...

"Appa....." And there stood his daughter, his lifeline Nandini Moorthy. She entered inside with a big smile on her face which immediately drop down when her eyes fell on the cast on his leg. "Oh My God Appa, what happened?" She came running towards him.

"Easy there Nandu, What happened Appa?" Abhimanyu Moorthy his oldest son, exact replica of him in looks but has all the traits of his Mother. "I am fine, nothing big just a small accident..." My wife too came beside me, looking at me with worry.

"I sent you all fine from home and now you are returning with this, that's why you asked me to go pick the kids alone. You could have at least informed me. And weren't you were with Raj Bhaisahab?" She bombarded me with questions. 30 years to our marriage and I still love this women to  death.

"I am perfectly fine, just a minor accident happened, Raj also got a little injury but all is good. Manik just dropped me home..." I dismissed her worry and spread my hand for my kids to give me a hug which they obliged with a smile. "I missed you so much..." Nandu sighed in his embrace. America was love, but Delhi is home and after 5 years she was finally home. And there was a strong feeling in the pit of her stomach that her life was going to change, maybe change for good...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So here goes the first chapter, I hope you all enjoy it... It's just the bits of both the families.. A kind of a little peek into the story.  Please don't forget to vote and comment, a exciting story is on it's way... Happy reading ❤❤❤