Chapter 7

"Where are you off to little one?" 

"Stop calling me that Manyu, you are just 3 year older to me not 30 and I am 26 not six..." I scowled at my brother who treats me like I am a little baby in diapers. "Even when you are 60 you will be my little one..." He ruffled my hair making me smack his hand away. I spent 30 minutes to set them.

"Amma, I am going to meet a friend and I will not join you all for dinner, don't wait up on me." I informed Amma, today is Saturday and as planned Navya and I are going out together. "May I know the name of this friend of yours..." Abhimanyu again poked his nose in between making both Amma and I roll our eyes.

"Navya Naveli, an old friend from School, now if you will excuse me..." I pushed him away and walked out of the house before he could waste any more of my time, we decided to hang out at Connaught place as that is one of the best area of Delhi to chill. I have not waited for the weekend this much before. 

Manik Malhotra is a certified Monster in disguise. Last week was hell for me and he made sure to make my every day more difficult than the previous one. The Man knows how to keep his grudges and I also feel, he is not happy of me securing this job without any hustle. The boy has given me subtle hints many times.

Why is it my fault that his Father decided I am a good match to be his assistant. Anyways no matter how hard he try I am not going to give up on any cost. I will prove him my worth and will change his mind about me being not capable enough. 

I reached my destination and was about to call Navya, "Bhooo..." I shrieked and jumped seeing the culprit laughing her ass off... "Seriously?" I narrowed my eyes at her whilst she hugged me grinning. "You are still as jumpy as ever." 

"Well, old habits die hard. So, what's the plan?" I asked linking her arm with mine while she gave me a warm smile. "First we will go to star bucks have a cup of some warm heaven, catching up on those past years then we will be having a dinner with drinks accompanied by my boyfriend and his friends at My Bar.."

Nandini - You sure, they all won't mind me gate crashing?

Navya - Bull shit, they are gonna love you. Trust me.

Nandini - So tell me about this infamous boyfriend of yours.

Navya - Well, he is a Radio Jockey, Cabir Dhawan. Smart, sexy, funny and we are in love.

Nandini - Oooh!! love and all han!

Navya - Well you tell me, any relationship, fling or a crush?

Nandini - Since 2004 there has been just one boy whom I lost my heart but he is married with 2 kids now.

Navya - Really who?

Nandini - Shahid Kapoor

I sighed dreamily making Navya burst into laughter. 

"Oh poor Nandini..." I grinned. I have been a huge fan of Shahid as far as I can remember. I cried at the day of his wedding making my whole family laugh at my expense. We chit chatted for a long time, catching on each and everything and then she got a call from Cabir who was waiting at My Bar with his friends. I hope they all are as nice and as welcoming as Navya.

We walked to the Bar which is as good as I visited here last time, even better. The essence, the crowd, the food, the music everything is elite here. We walked to VIP booth where I saw a very handsome boy and a emo looking girl sitting bickering with each other. "Hey baby!" They both turned to us at Navya's voice and the boy who I assume to be Cabir hugged her placing a small kiss on her lips. While the other girl scrunched up her nose in disgust. "Fucking disgusting..."