Chapter 10

Nayantara - So, how was the party?

Abhimanyu - Good very good.

Nayantara - Did you both had fun?

Abhimanyu - Yes, yes we did.

Venkatesh - Okay fine Abhi we got it, you had a blast yesterday, now can you tune down that smile of yours it's creeping me out honestly.

Abhimanyu - Appaaaa

Venkatesh - What Appa? And were you the only one who attended last night party? Why is my little Nandu so quite?

Nandini - I am not little Appa.

I pouted. It's been 12 hours since I kissed Mr. Malhotra, 12 hours of restlessness and hardly a blink of sleep. He was drunk and not in his senses but what was I thinking? Was I out of it too? Did I stopped him? No. Did I kissed him back? Did I enjoyed it? Yes. Aiyappa please make him forget last night, do some magic and wipe out his memories. Otherwise how I will face him on Monday morning.

Nayantara - What's wrong bacha? Where are you lost and stop playing around with your breakfast.

Nandini - I am not hungry Amma.

Venkatesh- Is everything ok?

Abhimanyu - She is like this since last night.

Nandini - I am just tired guys nothing to sweat about and seriously Manyu you are too cheery since the party, what is it?

I tried turning the tables on Manyu. Honestly I wanted to know what happened with him at the party that he is this happy. Seriously it's like he is doing  a toothpaste ad with all the 32 teeth on display. I am totally not liking it all. Like what Appa said it's actually creepy.

Abhimanyu - what a person can't be just happy normally? Also it's weekend and no work load for 2 days so I am quite chill about that.

Nandini - yeah whatever you say, I am off to bed. Please don't wake me up, I really need few more hours of sleep.

Which i hope is free of that Monster Manik, monster who I kissed. Yayyy life!!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I kissed her and she fucking kissed me back. I was too drunk to do that but not enough drunk to forget that. Yep it's there as clear as water in my head since the Saturday  morning I woke up. It's Monday now, I will have to face her. It's going to be so awkward. I mean what was I even thinking? But then again I didn't regret it a bit. Sexual tension between us was driving me crazy. Now after getting taste of her lips, I wanted more.

I can't believe she kissed me back, May be she was intoxicated too. She looked so pretty, so serene that night. How beautiful she is. It's been 10 minutes since I came to office but unlike always she is not here to give me my morning tea. Maybe she is nervous, oh God I so want to see her right now. Should I call her? Will that look to desperate? Should I say sorry about the kiss? No, no Manik that is such a moronic thing to do. You don't kiss a girl and apologize later never.

It's better to avoid the topic until she herself bring it up. Anyways I was drunk, what are the chances I will remember everything. Yup, that's it play it cool Manik, play it cool.

I was about to call her when I heard a faint knock on my door. I straightened up immediately and opened a file in front to seem busy, don't want her to know I was fretting about her from past two days. "Come in..." even after 10 seconds when the door didn't opened I thought it was my imagination. But then finally the door opened and she entered inside looking all fresh and lovely.

"Good morning Mr. Malhotra..."

"You are late Ms. Moorthy, care to share why?"

"I am sorry I came in late today..."

Her voice was on edge. She was fidgeting with her fingers continuously. I smirked.

"Your schedule..." She placed both the things on my desk but didn't made any move to leave. I knew what was coming. But I am not going to give me away. "Yes Ms. Moorthy, anything else?" I asked feigning innocence. She eyed me confused, opened her mouth to say something but then close it shut.

"No, Mr. Malhotra, I will leave you be..." She gave me a nod and turned abruptly but before she could get out I called her. She stiffly turned and I hid my smile. "Thank you for Friday  night Ms. Moorthy...." Her eyes turned as wide as soccer, I suppress the urge to laugh out loud. "Yeah first you brought Navya's gift and then Dhruv told me you handed me over to him since I was too drunk. I really appreciate that..." I gave her a small smile.

"That's all you remember from the party?" The way she bit her lips I am sure the question was not supposed to say out loud. I feigned confusion, "Well yeah I guess but is there something else that I need to remember? I am sorry, I was too drunk everything is just hazy in my mind..." Wow Manik such a smooth liar, charming. "No nothing, nothing at all. If you need anything call me Mr. Malhotra..." She smiled properly looking relieved.

The moment she left the room, I fall back on my chair laughing silently. Gosh she is so cute. I so wanted to pull her back and kiss her hard to relish the moment once again, but now in a sober state, I wonder she will hardly let me touch her. Why you are so enchanting Ms. Moorthy?

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I fell on my seat with a thud, he remembers nothing, nothing at all.. Oh Aiyappa!!! Thank you thank you so much... The tension which kept me on edge from past three days is finally gone. This is right he didn't remember anything and I will wipe it out from my memory too. "Is it that so easy, it was the best ever kiss though..." Oh Shut up conscious, I don't need your expert advice. This is what it is. "Oh please don't act like you weren't disappointed that he remembers nothing and that you will not mind if he come to your office right now and kiss the hell out of you..."

Well that's not entirely true, he is my boss anyway... "Our heart and body doesn't understand these technicalities Nandu..." Than we have to make them understand, that kiss was a mistake and am not letting myself make anymore mistake that includes getting involved with Manik Malhotra. "But..." No if's no buts. Shut it now and let me concentrate on work....

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So so less reads and votes on the book, should I drop this and concentrate only on my other book? Cause I am not finding any motivation with this less number of votes and views to continue it further. I loved this plot but I guess you all are not liking it?