Chapter 23

"Asshole..." I screamed in my pillow, events of afternoon going on in my head. I was stupid to think My asshole of a boss could actually be a nice person. But turned out, I was wrong. The very first opinion I had for him, yeah that is the only one fitting and others lack convention. The dinner was a disaster, I apologised from both Navya and Cabir for spoiling all this for them and without sharing a single sentence with Manik came back to my room to cool down...

And it is not at all getting how it's suppose to be. Why does that man rile me up so much. I was busy cursing him all the colourful words in my mind when my phone rang. Manyu flashed on my screen...

"Hey little one..."

"For the love of God, Manyu, I am not little..."

"Are you reminding me this, so that you can do adult stuff there and I can't call you out on that?"

"Why on earth do you think, I have not done all those stuff already?"

"I will pretend, you never said this and I never heard it..."

"Pretend all you can Big brother but deep down you know what's the truth don't you..."

"Jeez Nandu, I didn't call you to discuss your existing or non existing sex life..."

"Then why do you called?"

"To check up on you duh.."

"So, if you are done doing that, get lost..."

"What's with the attitude? Who pissed you off?"

"Who do you think?"

"Manik Malhotra again?" 

"Don't take his name, we don't call devil by the name..."

"And here I was thinking, you guys are getting along..."

"Getting along my Ass..."

"Language Nandini Moorthy..."

"If you are done being an older brother, can you please get lost..."

"Wow, the love is dripping from your mouth Nandu... Fine, sulk as much as you can and then come back home tomorrow with a happy face... Good night, love ya..."

"Love you too Manyu... Goodnight..."

I disconnected the call with a stupid smile on my face. This brother of mine, sure knows how to lift my mood... I am lucky to have Abhimanyu, don't know what I will do without him in my life... I was about to go in a deep slumber when a knock on my door startled me... Oh God, now who has the death wish...

I ignored it for some time, but the visitor was persistent... "Navya if you are here for some stupid reason, I will castrate you I swear..." I shouted from inside and pulled the door open only to be taken aback...

"What?" Manik Malhotra was standing at my door shooting daggers at me... I stood there seething same rage as him but without saying a word, he entered inside brushing my shoulder in the process. Can this day get any more worse. "Why are you here?" I shut the door and came behind him. "I am asking you Mr. Malhotra..." Now he is just testing my patience.

"You are one annoying brat, you know that Nandini Moorthy..." My eyes narrows in slit...

"You are here to make me more mad then I already I am?" 

"Yeah exactly, have a problem with that?"

"Get the hell out of here Manik..."