Chapter 24

"Good morning Mr. Malhotra..." I opened the door to find no one inside the cabin. Strange, I am sure I heard a come in from him but where is he... I placed the cup of tea on his table and was about to go out when a hand clasped on my waist and turned me around giving me a mini heart attack. I looked in his mischievous eyes and mine narrowed at him...

"Good morning to you too Ms. Moorthy..." He attacked my lips making me hitch my breath. Gosh, I am so not getting over with the butterflies that ran in my stomach whenever his mouth is latched on mine... "Seriously Manik, we are in the office..." I gasped for breath.

"And your point is?" He pecked my lips again making me giddy. It's been more than a week since we came back from Jaipur and there is been a slight shift in between us. I can't pinpoint what but whatever it is, it makes both of us really happy. 

"Manik?"

"Hmmm...."

"Let go of me..."

"Why?"

"Because I have to work and we are in the office anyone can walk in here..."

"No one is coming here Nandini..."

But like universe wanted to prove me right and Manik wrong we heard few voices coming from outside which immediately made me come out of hold of Manik who was not really happy about it. "I said Neyonika stop..." I could hear Raj uncle's voice. "Your parents are here?" I asked looking at him who himself was confused. I wiped his lips to clean my lipstick smudged over there and after fixing myself too, we both came out of his cabin...

"Leave me Raj, I will have a word with him..." We came out to see his parents having a argument in the corridor where Raj uncle was trying his best to stop his wife from coming towards Manik's cabin. "What's going on here?" Manik's voice alerted both of his arrival, where uncle look panicked while Mrs. Malhotra was seething in anger.

"That you will tell us Manik Malhotra what the hell is going on in this company?" 

"What are you talking about?"

"Neyonika just leave it we can talk at home also..."

"Oh stop defending your this brat of a son Raj, I am fed up of his drama..."

"Neyonika..." Raj uncle shouted making me distressed. I haven't seen him this angry before. He is the most soft spoken person I have ever met... I looked around but thank fully the reception area was empty concluding We four were the only one present on this floor and I have no idea how to remove myself from here too cause it seems a family matter where I should not be prying on. 

"And I am done with this nonsense discussion Mrs. Malhotra, if you have something to say come directly to the point..."

"Who the hell do you think you are to sell MANRAJ..."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard my question..."

"Yes I did, but I failed to understand what is your concern here... If I sell it or destroy it or do whatever I want with it?" 

"That was my house Manik..."

"No, it was not...." Manik screamed making all of us quiver on the anger that was oozing out of him right now... 

"Manik, calm down...." Raj uncle tried to hold his hand, but he didn't let him...

"Dad, take your wife away from here right now before I do something we all regret..."