Chapter 27

Wedding functions of Cavya were going on in full swing. I was enjoying thoroughly. The only drawback was Aryaman's presence around me mostly when Manik is around. It's already difficult to deal with Manik's jealousy now with Aryaman being here, Anxiety clouds my mind.

Aryaman and I first met at Yale. He is a handsome and humble Man, so it didn't take long enough for me to fall for him. We started dating and from all the boys I have dated in the past, he was the only one to make me fall in love with. I was just head and heels over for him. Aryaman was the first one who took my virginity. So, obviously he was special but then fate decided we were not meant for each other and after dating for two years we broke up.

I don't know whether to call it an ugly breakup or a mutual one, but it took me some time to come in terms with. But I didn't completely forgot Aryaman. I started looking for him in whoever I kept seeing and then Manik Malhotra came in my life wiping off every memory of any boy I have ever been with even Aryaman. "Manik..." I shrieked when suddenly my body was lifted off ground but I knew only Manik could do this.

"Yes sweetheart..." He was carrying me in his arms with a smile on his face. Damn! this beautiful smile. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Taking you to our room...."

"Our room? have you forgotten I am sharing a room with my brother..."

"I remember clearly..."

"So, you are taking me there? Like this? Do you have a death wish Malhotra?"

"No, I am not taking you there. I am taking you to my room, so keep quiet...."

"But Manik..."

"Nandini, it's been three days since we came here, and you are so busy. Is it hard to give a little attention to your man? No, tell me, is it?"

Your man, did he just called himself my man or did I just imagine everything in my head.

"So, my Man needs a little attention huun?"

I emphasize on my Man, so he could realize what he said and take his words back but to my utter surprise, he didn't.....

"Yes, he does..." He pouted like a little boy making me go aww...

we came inside his room, and he locked the door joining me on the bed that instant.

"Some time you act like a 5-year-old, you know that..."

"Is it bad?"

"it's cute...."

"Nothing about me is cute, I am not a little girl..."

"You are cute Malhotra admit it or not..." I scoffed making him push me on the bed torturing me by tickling...

"Gosh, Manik stop it..." I was wheezing with laughter making him smile at my antics.

"Okay, okay I give up, you are not cute now please stop this torture baby...."

"Only because you begged..." And again he lay down on bed me settling on top of him....

"So, you and this Aryaman guy huun...."

"I told you it was in the past..."

"I am not saying anything...."

"But you want to..." I challenged him with my eyes making him sigh... He pulled me closer and pecked my lips, bringing a smile to my face... "You don't want him back, do you?"