Chapter 11

I thumped down on my seat panting heavily, I hate him, I hate him, I so hate him. This man is just getting on my nerves day by day. He made me so exhausted. "only if the cause of this exhaustion was a mind blowing sex with the boss..." Oh shut up. What the hell is wrong with my own self. After that kiss my conscience is truly gone crazy.

It's more than a week to that party and he doesn't even remember a single bit of it but my heart refuse to let go of the moment. Stupid, stupid heart. "Are you alright?" I jumped on my seat to find a very amused Shivangi standing at my door. "Jeez, Shivangi you scared the hell out of me. Come in..." She settled in while I composed myself forcing my mind out of his thoughts.

"Didn't see you since morning, so thought of coming to check on you..."

"I didn't had the time to see myself forget about anyone else, thanks to the Satan reincarnated..." I rolled my eyes, he is torturing me a little too much, just so I can leave, but I am Nandini Moorthy and no matter what, I ain't gonna quit without putting up a fight at least.

"Satan who?"

"There is only one who can termed as Satan or a monster in this office Shivangi, Manik Malhotra.."

I scrunched up my nose while she burst out laughing, I am serious duh. "He is not that bad once you get to know him, trust me..." I again rolled my eyes at that, I highly doubt her. "Yeah you are right he is not that bad, he is just really really bad..." Shivangi started laughing again making me irk, am I making a joke here or what?

"What you ladies chatting about?" Oh wow think about the devil and he shall appear. Mr. Malhotra was leaning at my door looking spectacular. Okay shut up Nandu. I cleared my throat, "Nothing, do you need anything Mr. Malhotra?" I asked trying my best to suppress my frustration. Shivangi stood up taking her leave. I raised my brows still waiting for him to answer. "You..." And a gasp escaped my mouth, his answer turned me red, what the hell is wrong with this person how could he say such things to his employee in the office, let me give him a piece of a mind. "I need you to come with me, we have a meeting with Dad at his floor..." Seriously is this man for real, I could see the faint smirk present on his face, he do all this to irritate me and that is so sure.

"I will be waiting by the lift..." Once he left, I checked my appearance took few deep breaths to calm myself down. I head out to find Mr. Malhotra waiting for me. Without exchange of another word we went downstairs. I pushed the door of conference room open only to find his Mom and his brother Dhruv with uncle Raj. Is it a family meeting?

"Hello Dhruv, Aunty, what a pleasant surprise?"

"Hey Nandini..."

Dhruv smiled at me while Mrs. Malhotra gave a curt nod, I can see the disapproval in her eyes for me. I don't understand what's her problem with me. I saw Mr. Malhotra sharing greetings with his Dad and Dhruv but he completely ignored his Mom making me confused. "Do you guys need anything to drink, should I bring coffee?"

"We will order if we want, you can leave..." She spoke in a very rude tone making me frown. I looked at Manik for his approval who was busy shooting daggers at his Mother. "Hey you, didn't you hear I said get out, we have matters to discuss..." She said in a little high tone making me scared. "Talk to her properly, she has a name and she is my assistant who is obliged to be with me in every meeting..." Manik's hard voice made everyone shut up.

He took a stand for me making my heart flutter, no matter what equation we have with each other, but here he defended me. "Nandini dear you go finish your work, it's a family discussion we will handle, Don't worry about it..." Raj uncle gave me small smile, I again looked at Manik and this time he nodded too. Leaving the room quietly, I came back upstairs.

Manik is always so polite with his Father and friendly with his brother, but the way he behaved with his Mother doesn't sit well with me. Maybe he is upset with her over something, she seems like a woman who can upset anyone. But Dhruv seems fine with her. Okay Nandini, worrying about their family equation is not your job. Concentrate on what you are paid for.

After 1 hour, I got up from my seat relaxing my muscles which were in pain because of continuously sitting for so long that too in a wrong posture. I need Manik's signature on a file, I wonder if he is back from the meeting or not. I placed a small knock on his door waiting for few seconds. When no response came for sometime, I pushed the door open to find him there lost in thoughts.

"Mr. Malhotra I need your signature on this Mehra's project, can you please..." my remaining words were stuck in my mouth when I see a very lost Manik. He seems too fragile, like if  I will place a finger and he will break. I waited for some time, to get noticed by him, but nor did he spoke anything neither he turned to look at me. Every passing second made me worried, he has never behaved like this with me.

With quiet steps I made my way towards him and hesitantly placed my hands on his shoulders, "Mr. Malhotra you alright?" He heard me this time, he looked up and when my eyes met his, something broke inside me. Manik look devastated, too broken, too hurt. I have seen him angry, I have seen him happy, I have seen him flirting but never I saw such strong emotions in his eyes. Emotions which were too deep to even read, few tears lingered in his eyes making me so uneasy. My hands automatically cupped his cheeks clearing those tears, "What's wrong?" I asked him like we ask a child when he is crying.

And that did something, suddenly Manik buried his face in my stomach, hugging my waist tightly crying silently. I felt like crying with him, but I didn't stop him and let him take out his pain, whatever that is disturbing him. My one hand went to his hair and I started moving my fingers slowly in them soothing him down. "It's fine, you're fine. I am here for you..." I cooed lightly while he pulled me closer to him.

And when I was almost convinced he was a real Monster he showed me his human side which made me cry for him, cry with him. What it your story Manik Malhotra, I want to know you now. I really want to know who the man behind this narcissist attitude is.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading❤️❤️