𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

"if you end up snitching on us, i will break all of your bones individually. slowly of course."

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ 

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ 

"why do you need to talk to enid?"

"you mean we," wednesday corrected the taller girl.

"okay, why do 'we'." mara quoted. "need to talk to enid, and why am i coming along?"

wednesday doesn't reply and starts walking faster towards enid. mara rolls her eyes and follows along.

"we need to get to the woods," wednesday said to enid. who was painting her boat. "but weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass."

"that was very specific," mara muttered more to herself.

"i agree mara. but you want me to cover so thatr both of you can return to the scene of a crime that didn't even happen? also won't she notice that there is only one person not two?"

"nah she won't notice i'm even gone. plus it's only beekeeping. but please enid. i'll...." mara paused, thinking about what she can do for her. "i'll... make tiktoks with you."

"very tempting mara. but bees totally creep me out." enid grimaced. "why can't wednesday ask thing? wait you can't because he's mad at you."

wednesday looked at enid confused. "why's he mad? he's the one who screwed up with rowan."

enid tilted her head as she continued painting. "all i know is that we spent an hour giving each other manis, and he really opened up. he feels like you don't respect him as a person."

"well technically he's only a hand," wednesday counntered. mara snorts slightly then shoves wednesdays head a little bit. making the shorter girl glare at hear.

"that's insensitive cupcake. he's you're family. he would risk all five fingers for you," mara says while enid nods agreeing.

"go apologize then i'll reconsier helping you." enid finishes talking and continues to go back to painting. mara was about to start painting as well but wednesday grabbed her sleeve and dragged her along as she went to apologize to thing. 

"why do you always have to drag me?!? i'm not a toy!"

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ 

mara and wednesday entered the room, looking around for thing, just to find him on enid's bed, flipping through a magazine.

wednesday walked towards thing. "i snapped at you. i'll check my tone in the future. now chop-chop before all our leads turn cold."

wednesday started to walk away as mara grabbed her by the collar, making her turn stop. mara positioned her to thing. 

"apologize properly you insensitive bitch," mara snapped at the girl. 

wednesday didn't take it seriously. "what is it that you want? hand cream? nail buffer? new cuticle scissors? consider it done."