𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"can i kiss you?"

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

mara seriously wanted to talk to wednesday about the whole make out thing. but she didn't want to get rejected. i mean she technically didn't. she said yes, but mara thought it was like out of instinct or something, like she didn't really mean it. oh god how she with wednesday meant it. fingers fucking crossed that she did mean it. if not then mara will be embarassed for the rest of her life. 

that normally isn't what one thinks about when paddling across a river to win the poe cup, but mara was. that was until enid started yelling at her. 

"mara, get your head out of your ass!"

mara grumbled underneath her breath and paddled harder. mara looked up ahead to see xavier's team, not moving. her boat paddled past and she yelled out. "suck on that assholes!"

enid laughed at the girls antic while wednesday smirked as they continued paddling. then enid spoke up. "i just asked myself, WWWD?, what would wednesday do?"

"very poetic enid," mara mutter and paddles faster as she sees bianca's team up ahead. wednesday pulled a lever so spikes came out from the sides of the boat on eachside. they made themselves over towards the opposing teams boat. 

that was until a random force, pushed them away from the other boat. mara grunted and tried to hit whatever was in the water, but no luck. then she saw thing jump into the water.

the force was finally gone, so the mara paddled away towards bianca's boat. getting close enough so the spikes can slice there way through their boat. mara smirked at bianca. "have fun bianca."

the black cats made their way to the boat dock, mara grabbing the flag. stepping out, pulling enid and wednesday out as well. they ran down to the finish line together.

everyone was cheering, mara smiled the most she ever has in her life. the poe cup was surprisngly fun. mara looked at wednesday who has the smallest smile on her face.

"i think that's the first time i've ever seen you actually smile, it looks good on you," mara smiled at the girl. throwing her arm around wednesday's shoulder and cheering along with everyone else. 

enid grabbed the two girls shoulder. "oh em gee guys! this is the greatest moment of my entire life. admit it, you kinda got into the whole school spirit thing."

"maybe i can be a cheerleader and sing some song for my football boyfriend now," mara smiled sarcastically, enid roller her eyes.

"you didn't tell me it was a dark, vengeful spirit," wednesday glared at bianca, who was getting out of the water.

"cupcake, school spirit normally isn't dark."

"oh."

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮