19

A C A C I A

"So who is she?"

I asked my dearest brother. "Oh right. Skylar, Acacia. Acacia, Skylar. She's my mate." He said. "Hi your highness." Skylar stated softly.

"Quit the formalities. We're like sisters now." I said making dramatic hand actions. "You're still weird." Max retorts. I gave him a sickly sweet smile and replied "Thanks and you're still awkward."

"I am not awkward." He fake gasped at me. "Really? Remember when we were at the adoption center and you once liked that girl called Cally? Oh my god you attempted to talk to her an-"

"Shut up. I thought you weren't aware of that. Damn your memories." He mutters. I bit back a laugh.

His phone rang and he took it out. "Sorry. Got to take this. " he said before bolting out of the room. "Who is that?" I asked Skylar curiously. "Probably Brenda." She replied shrugging her shoulders casually. "Who's Brenda?"

"A witch"

-

"Axel please"

I plead him over Skype. "Oh good god, alright. I'll be there in ten." Axel replied before waving me goodbye. "Well, at least he's coming." I mutter under my breath. I quickly change into a somewhat decent outfit and rushed down. Axel was on the couch watching TV before acknowledging my presence.

"Hey babe." He greets and hugs me. Without any hesitation, I wrap my arms around him and inhale his scent. That is so creepy on so many levels. "Hey. Haven't seen you around lately. Catch up later yeah?" I asked him.

He gave me a small smile which just meant 'sorry' and nods his head. "Im sorry we didn't see each other more often." He suddenly blurted out. "No no. It's fine really. I got a bit busy too." I admit to him.

"So we're cool?"

"Of course Axel. Now to Witch Valley we go!"

Witch Valley. Hah! What an original name for witches to live. "Are we there yet?" I asked for what seems like the millionth time. "No. Estimated in 5 hours." Axel replied looking at me through the rear window.

"That's so long." I groan suddenly feeling as if there's a baby elephant on my eyelids. An elephant would just be too mainstream. I let out a soft yawn and fell into a dreamless sleep.

I was woken up by the sound of a rock popping the tire followed by a loud groan and a straight minute of not so quiet curses coming out of Axel's mouth.

"What the hell is going on?" I murmur gorggily. "Evening sleeping beauty. Looks like we have a tire to change." Axel said sounding a bit pissed.

"You have a tire to change. I have an invitation to sleep." I said closing my eyes hoping to go to Dreamland.

"If you don't help me then god knows that I will leave you here and walk there myself." He threatened. "But Axel-"

"No buts."

"Sheesh. You sound like that grandma nobody wants." I muttered under my breath. Thanks to werewolf hearing, Axel heard what I said and smack the back of my head. I yelp out a curse and look at him with glaring eyes.

"Did your mom ever tell you not to hit a lady?" I hissed. He looked at me and that trademark smirk of his appeared. "You're a lady? Sorry. I didn't notice." Axel joked.

"Asshole." I murmured. Axel laughed and that eyes of him filled with amusement.

Amusement towards me.

"Tell me something I don't know, babe." Axel spoke. "You're a bitch." I stated. "You're one to talk. Bitch means female dog and you're basically a dog 2.0 but scarier and bigger." He retorts.

I clap my hand slowly. "Cause that is just what you say to your mate." I said sarcastically. "Thanks." He replied giving me a cheeky smile.

"There. All done." He stated. I look at him and noticed that the tire has been replaced. "Wait, what? When did you do that?" I asked confusion plastered on my face.

"I was replacing it when we were talking. Now come on babe, we have a witch named Brenda to meet." Axel mutters apparently not believing that I didn't notice when he replaced the tire.

"Oh fucking joy!"