33

A C A C I A

"It's coming sooner than you could ever think."

Was Gavin's words when I told him all about it. Burying my face into my hands, I sighed knowing that he wasn't faking anything. I was desperate to save myself and all the others.

"Trust me Gavin. I know," I mumbled.

I wanted a plan to stop all of this but Alarick is unpredictable. He could go from left to right without you noticing it. The fact that he's immortal now isn't helping either. Oh and my memories were still blocked. Joy.

I guess the point of all of this is to avenge his mate's death. No one knew how she died but they know she was murdered. And Alarick saw the whole thing. His life along his heart were thrown away. He became empty and dark.

His presence were electrifying and cold. It was nothing normal for a Werewolf. "Don't overstress," Gavin said.

"This is fucked up. It's already the third warning. I don't think he'll give more. I know for sure that he's not patient," I replied while rolling my eyes.

"If he can wait for ten years then he certainly can be patient," Gavin muttered. As soon as he realized his slip up, his eyes widen and alarm was swimming in his orbs. I narrowed my eyes and gave him a look.

"You know something," I said taking a step closer to him. His adam's apple bobs up and down as he shook his head furiously. Denial. Isn't that just fantabulous? "Oh you definitely know something," I hissed while looking at him with my scrutinizing eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he spoke in a calm manner. Even so, I could detect the fear and nervousness in his voice. I laughed but void of any emotions. "You are such a terrible liar," One step forward.

"I know that you know something,"

One step to the front.

"So tell me Gavin, what other lies do you have in mind?"

A step closer to him with a malevolent smirk on my face.

"Y-you better calm down, Acacia," he stuttered. Oh boy you're just so busted. I scoffed and shook my head. I tilted my head to the right ever so slightly for no apparent reason. "To hell I will."

By then, he was already on the ground with his eyes closed. Don't worry, he's not dead. Yet.

I wanted answers and he just seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. Besides, he is a traitor or in modern words; double agent. I just couldn't wrap my head around the situation. It is just confusing and I just couldn't believe Gavin.

He trained me for gods sake. Without him, I wouldn't be who I am now but just - why? I am well aware that Alarick is one manipulative asshole but how did Gavin- oh my god I need a break. This is just turning into more complicated riddles each time I think of it.

'Logan?' I whispered through the mind link. He was quick to respond though. 'Just take Gavin to the dungeon please? I need to take some fresh air,' I said. I could practically see him furrowing his eyebrows. He didn't question me and I was glad for that.

"Fucked up shit. This is stupid," I mumbled to myself while kicking the rocks on the sidewalk. "He's such an asshole. How could he? That no good of a motherfucker," I added clenching my fists.

"I'll have you know that you have a dirty mouth."

An all too familiar voice spoke. "Axel? Wait what are you doing here?" I asked before giving him a kiss and a hug so tight his broken bones would stick themselves together. "I got a mind link from Logan saying that you wanted Gavin locked up. Now why is that?" He questioned. "Wait you know what? Don't answer that. Want to go to the lake?" he asked.

"Yeah sure," I agreed sighing. Suddenly, I felt myself being scooped up like an Ice-cream and Axel's face was so near to mine. "Put me down," I said shakily. "Nuh-uh my queen. I know you're tired so enjoy this while you can," he said kissing my nose.

Why is he suddenly being a sassy Romeo?

The sun was starting to die in order to let the moon breathe. Funny how it dies every day just so its lover could breathe every single night. It was such a tragic love. How they trade one life for another.

I didn't realize that we were at the lake already. Time felt so short. He sat beside me and watched the beautiful sunset. "Times like this makes me wish that I was never a queen," I said looking at him.

"And why is that?"

"Because I can never do anything I wanted without thinking about all the werewolf population and how my actions could affect them. I know I'm just a queen but I feel so vulnerable. Without you, I - oh god I'm rambling. Sorry," I gave him a sheepish smile in which he returns with a charming one.

"It's fine. I-"

My phone rang making me feel annoyed. "Sorry I have to take this," I said smiling at him. I went to somewhere quite far away from him and answered whoever the hell was calling me and ruining my moment.

"Hi and who are you?" I said as soon as I accepted the call. A laugh was heard along with loud noises indicating that whoever this is was at a party or a club. "It's me Caci. Don't you recognize me?" that voice slurred.

There was only one person in this world who calls me Caci and that is Tate Silver; my ex mate. "God I have been wanting to call you Caci. You know what? I used to have dreams of you and I. We were both happy and it haunted me. I wish that I didn't reject nor exile you," Tate coughed loudly.

"I wish I wasn't so naïve back then. It was hard for me don't you know? Looking at you now and know that you aren't mine anymore. Not mine to touch. But then Lillian came. She is my second chance. Can you believe that the moon goddess actually gave me another chance?" Tate then boomed loudly.

"She was a little angel. She's funny and quirky but me? I don't know what to feel. People adore her and they tell me that I'm such a lucky bastard to have her. Thing is, I don't think of myself as one. I don't feel like myself, Caci. I don't feel like when I'm with you. It scares me so much," I kept myself quiet. Why was he telling me this?

"She never gave up on me. Her soul is just so pure and beautiful. I don't deserve that, Caci. What if I taint her soul with my feelings? Not good ones either. You want to know why I felt like that?" he took in a deep breath before saying,

No I don't want to know.

"Because I still love you."

//Bitch say what? Well now we know that Tate is an emotional drunk. And you thought that the ceremony was a closure hah no. I am also aware of my excessive usage of the word 'just' so shut up. Anyway, this is quite a long chapter - well to me at least and I hope you enjoy it.

And byeee.