38

GLOSSARY

Brenda- The random witch who called Max (Acacia's brother) during their first encounter.

Aconite- A deadly flower also known as Wolfsbane.

Eden- Ariana's (Bitch's) brother. He's also Gamma of Acacia and Axel's pack.

Nathaniel- Ariana's (Bitch's mate) He's also the Beta of Acacia and Axel's pack.

Ryuwae Silver- The type of silver that can hurt a royal. I can't remember which chapter I brought this up and oh don't google this. I just made it up.
--

tw// mental illness, suicide

A C A C I A

"Get in there!"

One of the guards shouted before pushing me into a cell. "Okay sheesh," I mumbled to myself. I paced inside the cell thinking about Axel. Where is he? Is he safe? Is he alright? Was he injured? Did he miss me? Did he think of me? Did-

"Now that you're in there, let's get the real thing started," Ari- wait no scratch that, Bitch said before adding, "Bring him in."

My eyes darted across the room and caught the familiar figure. "Axel," I breathed out. He looked horrible. He merely looked up but I could see his eyes searching across the room and stopped at me.

'Acacia,' he mind linked me with the softest tone I've ever heard.

"What did you do to him," I hissed feeling my wolf trying to claw out. My hand shook the bars and winced once I realized that it was made with Ryuwae silver. My fingers were burning in pain but it didn't matter. Axel needed me.

"Oh you know, just some good ol' torture. It was just a pleasant sight seeing the almighty king chained up to the wall looking like trash," Bitch (Ariana) spat out before adding, "But of course I would never not take pictures of golden opportunities like this."

The pictures were thrown directly to my face leaving a small paper cut. Somehow, those pictures managed to slip through the small spaces between the bars. My shaky fingers reached out to take the pictures and I gasped at the sight of it.

My poor poor Axel.

"Why are you doing this?" I croaked out looking at her with intense curiosity? She stared at me for a rather long time before sighing.

"1997, the year your grandmother killed my mother before killing herself. I was close to my mother but Eden was not so her death didn't effect him as much as it did to me. My mother was like an angel. She was so nice to my brother and I and she cares so much for us," she stopped talking and suddenly glared.

"But she didn't deserve to be killed by murder!" she shouted with pure rage. "And so I decided that like mother like daughter. Acacia, I've known you since you were so small. A newborn even. Why didn't I kill your mother? Because she was crazy. It was medically certified but she also didn't want to burden you and your brother so she killed herself. Your father committed suicide a few weeks later. There was no reason for me to kill them. Besides, it was fun watching their souls eat them alive," Bitch said in a malevolent tone.

"Your parents were weak. They were no match for your grandmother so I waited. I waited until you fell into my trap. It just so happens that you were mates with Axel. Fate has such a good humor," she laughed before adding, "You were stronger than your grandmother. I could see it in your eyes. A fighter but everyone has flaws so I searched for yours."