36

A/N

I'm so sorry for putting the book on hold but hey, I'm back. Writers block is finally starting to fade and can you believe that the last update was on the 24th of September and it's now 5th of November holy shieet. And no this is not a long update because you know me. I wanted to start over with short chappies.

-

Recap

Acacia and Axel had a huge fight until Acacia received a message saying all the aconites a.k.a wolfsbane are stolen. Together, they organized a meeting to ensure the safety of everyone. Axel was sick of their break ups and make ups so he decided to give their relationship a rest. How long? Who knows and then he disappeared just like that.

Lmao I suck at recaps.

-

A C A C I A

"I feel like shit,"

I confessed to Ari. She looked at me with big pity eyes. "I can't actually help you but maybe apologize to him? He's just confused and with the war coming up, aconites stolen, he's lost in what to do. He needs support," she advised while holding my shoulders.

"But I just don't know what to do!"

"You'll figure it out, Acacia," Ari sent me a pitiful look and I couldn't help but frown. Sending her my goodbyes, I went back to the castle. I was still trying to figure out what to say to Axel. I searched the whole castle for him but he was nowhere to be found.

'Maybe he went out,' my conscience spoke.

My heart however had a bad feeling. Something was not right. However, I convinced myself that he was okay. He just needed some time alone to blow his steams off. I busied myself helping the maids doing some chores.

Five hours have passed and Axel was still gone. I started panicking and all the convincing that I did earlier was starting to fade away. Something was not right here. I tried to mind link Axel but he didn't answer. He couldn't have blocked me right?

Something was wrong. I could feel it in my guts and my heart was racing incredibly fast. Suddenly, I felt a slash of pain on my leg. Hissing in pain, I looked down but saw nothing. Oh something was definitely wrong here.

Gathering my courage, I went into the woods searching for my mate. Mine.

Hours passed by but still no sign of Axel. The pain on my leg increased until I had to actually sit under a tree to see what's wrong with it. My skin was oddly fine so this was a sign that Axel was hurting. That was bad.

Axel never got hurt before. He always knew how to protect himself even in the hardest time. He knew what to do and how to do it but what was stopping him? Since he became a royal, silver won't burn him unless it is freshly harvested.

Wait a minute.

The aconites are stolen and if they're harvested in a special technique, they can work on a royal. It was slowly starting to connect. The stolen flowers and the missing king. Whoever did this had done a research.

They knew what would hurt a royal and what wouldn't. They figured it all out by why now? Obviously the planning would take a lot of time but why now? And how did they knew what was going on and the chaos in the palace?

The puzzle started piece itself together. There was an insider. A traitor in the palace.

No one could be trusted. The traitor could be someone close to me or just someone who I merely know.  It finally dawned to me that just one mistake that I make could cost a billion lives.

I was the key.

I was the button.

I was the switch.

I was the source of all this insanity.